Hello everyone, welcome to Critical Role where we sit around and play dungeons & dragons. [laughing] Liam. Is on Mika’s shitlist now. You taught me, and I said yes. [laughing] We have some announcements to get through. Our first sponsor from the very beginning, dndbeyond. Sam. ♪ o baby, were you supposed to know that d & d beyond ♪ ♪ was releasing aboron, explore the world, exclude ing the–including the artifice of magical magician of invention–I don’t know–and monsters birthed by–and I must confess, it is a fantastic digital tool set that magics character, campaigns, and source material. For example, what happens if ♪ boy, you got me blinded ♪ well, there is a way to mark the – blinded condition on
– your character in the app. Or what do you do if ♪ your toxic ♪ ♪ I’m slipping under ♪ ♪ from paradise ♪ no problem. It can indicate hits to poison ♪ oops, you did it again ♪ ♪ you played with your dice ♪ ♪ and you got lost in the game ♪ the app handles the apps. You’ll be hanging with – your friends so much
– that ♪ you’re loneliness won’t be killing ♪ ♪ but that ancient dragon might. And if it does ♪ ♪ sometimes you run ♪ ♪ sometimes you hide ♪ and you do hide, the app will tell you where to hide. ♪ ♪ and hit me baby, one more time ♪ O my gosh, that was so typically me. This is Britney bitch. Back to you, mark. If people don’t rush out, thin we have failed as a partner. Sorry, Keith, so sorry. I’m a super role guy. Thank you, and I’m sorry, D&D Beyond. Our second sponsor, whose namely yam won’t be handling, idle champions. So, our friends, idle Idle Champions, of the forgotten realms. Major digital platforms, you can play all different colors from all over, the storylines as well as through elements in the storyline in the game, it’s awesome. They have partnered with the charity Take This. And they have a pack in – the game.
– You can help a good cause. It contains the variety of potions. All the proceeds are going to volunteer and safe places for anyone who feels overwhelmed and need to regain their calm. I need to regain my calm. Then join Liam. ♪ My second embarrassment is off the charts. Just waiting. As a heads up we’re taking a week off next week. Some of us will be adventuring in the dust. But we have something extra special for those who missed the announce announcement. Next Thursday in place of the episode we have the wedding that is the event of the summer. You’re lucky it wasn’t a themed destination we hadding. Who is to say that it isn’t. It will be the final destination wedding. Oh. Exactly, perfect. So this one shop was made possible because of your generous donations to the Kickstarter this year. We’re hoping to turn it out next week. – We hope you enjoy it.
– If you miss the stream, it would be available on the YouTube channel on September 2nd following the stream. Just a heads up. Getting serious for a minute. Many of us are frustrated about the fires happening in the Amazon in South America and Brazil. We brief strongly to leave this world a better place than we came in it as. If you consider one of the non-profit organizations helping working towards conservation of these rain forests, and helping when once these fires are done, to – reclaim, and rebuild
– what was once in their place. We personally like rain forest trust, it has purchased and saved 20 acres of land since 1988. They save an acre every second. Go to donate.rain forest trust.org . There are other organizations, but research to see that they’re legitimate. We implore that you help – with this tragedy, and
– to build in its wake. Thank you. With that, let’s jump in to ♪ Tonight’s episode of Critical Role. ♪ critical role ♪ ♪ Critical Role ♪ ♪ Critical Role ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ the adventure begins ♪ ♪ they were always beside you ♪ ♪ your nerdy best friends ♪ ♪ and the dm to guide you ♪ ♪ and they rise from the flames for the battles ahead ♪ ♪ villains beware because you’re about to be dead ♪ ♪ they got magic and flayer ♪ ♪ they got falchion and cunning ♪ ♪ look over there ♪ ♪ a monster is coming ♪ ♪ rise up don’t think twice ♪ ♪ put your fate in your hands ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ roll the dice ♪ ♪ can you answer the call ♪ ♪ dig deep in your soul ♪ ♪ as the legend unfolds ♪ ♪ now it’s your turn ♪ ♪ your turn ♪ ♪ your turn to roll ♪ And welcome back. We have decided to maintain this outfit. After the break, we’re thrilled. Can we have a not panic sound right now? [groaning] So last we left off. The Mighty Nein along with our new ally had made their way from the city of uteedurn where they supposedly lived a white dragon, one capable of enchanting the mitheral that you melted down to be utilized and reforming the shattered pieces of a sword you had slowly acquired in your adventures in this campaign. Upon delving into the coverage, hide hiding and working towards the lair. You let it out with an ice spider queen that you used as bait. But the item you wished to retrieve was dragged into the lair. You escaped, the drag proved to be for more formidable than you had expected. You managed to step through the teleportation circle leading you back to the city of utherdurn. Where you crash to the center. To the surprise and confusion of all the various members within. And that is where we’re picking up today. So, Mighty Nein, as you all sweat pouring your facing, the adrenaline pumping through your veins, crashing and stumbling on the – interior of the steeple,
– you can see the candlelight flicking around you. The countless rows of books and scrolls and desks that got knocked over as you worked your way through. The Liberians and arrest archivalists looked at you in surprise. Sorry, we came through under duress. We’re cool. They came in with armor. Hey, what’s going on. Excuse the smell of feces, that’s just us. Can we make an arrangement here? – You made a loud
– whistle, and other members make their way towards you including the familiar sight of Kermit the frog. Hey guys, welcome to utherdurn. No, chief auditor, kena kenash. Chief otter? We’re going to die. The chief auditor. Which you briefly saw when you first came through. The scribe warden raises a hand to tell the guards to calm down a moment before looking over and you have certainly made an interesting return entrance haven’t you. It was eventful to say the least. Good. I hope your patronage comes to be useful, and the patronage is appreciated, as he nods towards Beau. It was word it. We’ll kindly ask you to leave so we can clean up the mess that you have left. Unless there is other business. No, we’re good. See them out. And the glass blades work to flank you. – You look around, and
– there are two of the tables that are knocked over as you arrived. There is a scattering of parchment and books, thes spines open. We’ll tell We will we’ll put the table in the tell poretation. There are four fuckin’ places. They should have put the tower of champagne glasses. The warden just graciously accepts the – comment and says the
– fire marshal comes through here. It might not be the last time we come in this sort of manner. I very much – appreciate you maybe not
– roughhouse quite as extremely. We’ll try, but – sometimes dragons come
– after you, and you have no choice. Also maybe you want to polish the floor because there is blood all over it. Sorry about that. There is, someone please, and others rush off to get cleaning supplies. You can see the Squeamish look on their face. Funny what you stop noticing after a while. Otherwise, please – leave.
– You make your way out of the steeple, back on the streets of utherdurn. That was very hectic. Do we have everything? Yeah, I think that went really well, personally. Had “T” had flakes, but now there is blue. But will is no change in the actual material of it. It just seems to hold – these faint specks of
– light blue energy within. And it is cold to the touch. The fingers begin to go numb just clutching it. We did it. We made the ice flecks. – That was an
– incredible sight watching it. A giant fuck off, and then that dragon was right behind you. That dragon was–it – was mean.
– Way bigger than I thought it would be. Are you down? Do you need healing? I may need to take a nap or… Before that, I want to healing hands myself to restore. If everyone has a second, I’m going to cast a Beacon of hope on everyone. That gives us Max healing. So you might not use. I might have Max spells. What would help right now is a drink. We should do that. That sounds good. A drink. This is the tavern. Do you have a specific place you would – like to go?
– If we can go somewhere, we should go to the tumble tankards. I’ll do a prayer of healing at level three so everyone gets 29 points of healing to everyone. Oh, that feels so – nice.
– I can see. I can fight. I have a bit of a streak going. I’m unscathed. Well, you were hiding in the hut the entire time. Hq was holding down the spot. That was so good. Everyone was doing their best. We were superstars. It was great. And I couldn’t–it couldn’t have gone – better.
– I’m sorry you almost died. But we didn’t get any skills. But I did get a couple of extra trinket items. He had time because I was grabbing the mi mithral. Do you think they would like them? Are they souvenirs? Well, they’re a bit personnel to me. Oh my gosh, here, I’ll do something. I’ll use my paint, and I’ll draw a white dragon – scale with my paint.
– You would do that? You go ahead and draw – what looks to be–based
– on your brief interactions with the – dragon, what looks to be
– a white dragon scale. You’re uncertain as to the quality of the scale, whether it matches the hardness, but it definitely appears to be what looks to be a white dragon scale. A collect edge one. Make sure that they wear this. Poor thing. One of the down sides is I don’t get get to see is. I’m going old school today. We were lying awake, now we’re lost. The accent has changed so much. The cold got into my sinuses and affected me. There is a cool place I like to sit all the – time.
– And the bartender knows me. And we can go there. Everybody is very strong. Let’s just all be on our best behave. Because it’s filled with– Best behavior time. Eventually a little ways out of the boroughs, this region of the area, you look upon what looks to be a – really seedy looking
– dive bar hidden off in the far corner. Dark wood and stained stone and Masonry hold it up. At first glance it almost seems to be an abandoned warehouse except for the faint bit of interior lights that come through the window and the doorway which has no door. Approaching the interior, it is decently skilled. The rest of the chamber is maybe 20 by 25 feet total size. And of the four tables that are there, and the two booths that are in the far corner, it looks – like there are three
– other patrons. They all look grizzled. – They all look like they
– want to be left to mind their own business. They all turn and stare directly at you as you enter. Are they in uniform or anything? Not glass blades. We all walk in and go varney. You see what looks to be a freshly placed, you see a dwarf. He looks over and says, Oh, hi. We immediately dash over there. Welcome, welcome. I brought friends. Oh. Yeah. Okay. Hello. Hello. What is this young– I’m vondragraba. You can call me the watch. The watch. It’s a lovely group. I wasn’t expecting. We went to an ice – place.
– We found a dragon. We escaped. We barely lived, but we lived. We escaped the dragons. Strange but true. This is pretty awesome. Excuse me. Beauregard had a question, though. Is it alcoholic. Well, there is this thing. Group beer is not always alcoholic. Why is it root beer. That makes no sense. False advertising. It’s the process of brewing it, I think. Give me some time. Three glasses of root meade, please, and a glass of wine, and small side of ale. Is that just for you? Yeah. Wow. Is that like a sample Samper plate? No, I’m celebrating. That you lived your fight with the dragon? Yeah. I’m already plastered, and that seems excessive to me. [laughing] I tend to find that alcohol doesn’t work that easy, so I have to drink a lot of it. I’m with you, I’ll have the same thing. Let’s call it a solid gold. I’ll take that for everybody. – It’s a celebration,
– after all. The heads off. Takes a little while, and piecemeals the drinks for you. The milk takes a bit of time. It’s prepared–it’s not the best that you’ve had. It’s not been stirred, and the chocolate has congealed a bit and fallen to the bottom. But with additional heat you can muster. Just vibrate it it–iirrr–like that. Like a mixer. They make their way to your table. I give them a piece of gold. Oh, 100% tip. What are you looking for? Do you have any of those cupcakes–I forget – the name of the bakery,
– but they have a black moss cupcakes, do you have any of those? Cupcakes. I don’t follow. We’re just here to sit. We’re not here for a job or anything. Okay. All right then. Pockets the gold. Thank you. I thought you were – asking if we wanted
– anything to eat. We could get the cupcakes after. What was he asking? We do have to do the fine residual. We know where it is, but at some point we have to think about what is the – best way to go about
– that while we wait for the sword to get finished. What is about a job? Oh, well, he looks after people who do things for money. An agent? Remind everyone that we already have an assignment if we want it. We do. To steal stuff. Wow, this hot chocolate is giving me hiccups. Maybe we could use some of that good grace to figure out how we’re going to go about this. I don’t know much about stealing things. But do it super secret. They’re all keeping one eye by the strange cluster of individuals who have made their way. Is there anything that really jumps out other than looking dangerous. Two of them are dwarfen. One male and one female. Cloaked, and just generally suspicious looking. Like they just have that look about them like, I would–I would – definitely not let them
– walk behind me when I’m going home at night. That kind of feel. They’re rough and tumble looking dwarfs. There is one elvf who looks to have a pencil mustache, and looks very drunk, and is trying to make eye contact but is missing by about a foot. You I give two items to Caleb and whisper, can you identify these at some point. And I’ll keep an eye out to make sure none of these shady characters are trying to make a try at our loot. 17. We’re making people wall to shield him as he’s working. Alrighty. Yeah, using identifying each. Yes. We’ll start making plans. So we have this ice flecks stuff. We need to go and give it to them. But then there was this – other mission.
– What was the other mission? – I have a very
– important question. Yes? So I thought about what you were saying about if you steal for good, then it’s not bad. Mm-hmm. Is that this – situation?
– Because I asked when we went to sleep in the snow, and he didn’t say anything. But you took from the dragon, but the dragon was mean. Right. So does that make it okay? Oh, yeah, of course. The dragon was trying to kill us. We were looking for things that would save our drives and help all of the world. Caleb pops his ahead his head up, think about it not as a stealing but helping the good. The dragon was bad because he stole them, – and she stole them and
– taking it from the dragon means that we were doing the good thing. That’s right. It would have sat there doing nothing. But for us this helps in the side of good. If we take this ring, but Madam mave was mean to me. But she’s not bad. But the people who she took it from were bad. So we’re doing good. We’re doing very good. – What are we going to
– get that is good. The residual. – Is that good?
– If used by good people. Which you are. Like me. You’re good. We’re very good. This is all in the service of the traveler. Who is the traveler. He’s the coolest guy ever. I want to know so much about the traveler. You have a pamphlet? The alcohol kicks in. You two are particularly drunk. This is good. This is very weak. This is as good as it gets. It’s light for some, and we’ll protect you better. So if anyone wants it, it’s not for me. You put him in the bubble because you say – he can’t do things?
– He can do many things. He’s an excellent public speaker, he’s very good at accents. Should we put it on him? You’re a candidate for it. Sure, I suppose if no one else. He can do that. The dark stain, the beer-sticky table in this tavern begins to sprout flowers and buds and fills the space of this micro bush. Once undone, I place it on his head. That really ties the – whole outfit together.
– I put extra green ones in there. No, the contrasting – colors are really nice.
– It really brings out the emeralds. Yes, I feel like purple. Maybe it’s better. This is good for one use. The magical problem that we have encountered. Dispel grenades? More or less. This is so pretty. One and done. Can we turn it into a necklace or something? Who wants to put this on. My elbows are very pokey. – I have a weird fear
– of being left out, so I’ll try. I want to craft a vine bowl. I will set up some tankards in a carnival style. What if we use the bar for a contest? I don’t know, it’s – really busy right now.
– He points, and there is nobody. Sure, fucken go for it. Thank you. I’m curious how you’re going to dig it up. What are the rules? Who can go through the tankards in ten seconds. That doesn’t make any sense. [laughing] Whoever can throw it into the tankard. Into it, that’s a great one. If you have to arc it, that’s skill, that’s finesse. I like it. We’re mentioning beer among. pong. Oh my gosh. We’re catching – projectiles.
– How are you at throwing them? Who are you talking to? I never make eye contact. You were last week. You’re so attractive. [laughing] I agree. Yeah, I’m pretty good at throwing shit. – We’ll set up one cup
– across the room, and then another one and we – can throwback and forth
– and see who gets the closest. The three other patrons are confused by – this scenario.
– This seems to be the most rambunctious place they have been in a while. – But gathered in the far
– corner, you can see them make wagers with each other. So who is doing what first? I’ll go first. Is the cup ready? Is it ready? The cup is all set. How high is the ceiling? Is it high, low, are there rafters. There are two cross bars across the way. They’re not hanging low. No, three oil lanterns that give all the light in this entire space so, it’s pretty – dark.
– You have good darkvision. I’ll give a little side action and a loft to it. The ball can be strength or dex, your choice. Oh both suck anus, so let’s go Dex. Great. Six. I’ll go fetch it. – No, someone has to fetch
– it and bring it back. Why? We’re bringing it back and forth. Oh. Roll for the modifier. Am I still drunk? Yes, you are. It’s still nine. Nine. Nein. Much like Robin Hood split the arrow, you – flew back and forth with
– no improvement. Groping. And surprisingly accurate for the wrong direction. So well done. Thanks, kitty cats. Come on, Beau. Strength or Dex, your modify ier. Hang on, that’s heavy. Throwing this in the backboard. 10. I’m glad this doesn’t – count for anything life
– threatening. This hits the tanker, but it hits the edge of the rim and bounces off. – It’s the closest that
– anyone has gotten, but definitely not within. Just trying to get close. Here it goes, here it goes. We weren’t expecting. Get it. Get it. Your choice. I’ll go Dex–wait, no–yeah, Dex. 14. You go ahead and lob the small sphere of condensed tangled bits of vine, and it actually enters the cup, and it slowly rolls, almost tumbles out, but stays within. Oh, nice. [ Cheering ] You guys have been drinking. Going for Dex. 11. It spills a bit. Are we competing. I don’t want to keep the stone, but I can try. Sure, why not. That’s 15. Inside the cup rests directly like almost a swish. Well done. I did it. A good back spin. I did it. Wow. – I guess you get to
– keep it. No. You don’t want to? You should give it to umi. Do you think umi would like it? I think it’s in safe hands. And she’ll use it expertly to get us out of arcane shit. She doesn’t need help. She’s a super hero. On the other hand, that chainmail may be perfect. I feel like somebody really should use this. This files like a consolation prize. Am I being pitied? Yes. Do you want it? [laughing] I was trying to help. And just like that. I think the chain mail might be a nice gift. Oh, I just put it on. [laughing] I’m fine. So, you guys make your way, and Caleb waits until everyone walks out and looks across the room with a cup, and pulls out a little wad of that shit. [rolling dice] 16. [laughing] So happened when we left. Shit was crazy. So you make your way outside of the temple. I took off my armor, but the arm cross didn’t go up. Because the higher tiers of armor don’t allow as much of your Dex modifier, possibly? Aah. She rolled some crazy stats. As they approach the exterior of the anvil, you can hear the changing of metal against metal, familiar from the last time you were here. However, when you enter, you see dalen. She’s holding an object with tongs, and hitting it with an anvil, and you see steamy liquid. And in the process of thumbing through a book, you see umagorn disarray disarrayed, a dirty brow. You returned already. That was faster than I expected or haven’t you left yet. Guess what, we killed the dragon. We didn’t kill it. We just left one dragon scale. Make a perception check. Congratulations. I’m blown away by your skill. Did you actually go? – We did.
– Guess what, fish out of the scale. I got you a thing. And I hold up the chain mail. We got you a thing. And we got you a thing. He puts down what you can see now is coffee. It sloshes on the side of his mug. Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you serious? The mithral. Wow. It seemed to be moving it hand to hand as the cold temperature of it burns his fingers from it. He looks at you, and then puts it on the table and looks it over. I’ll be perfectly – honest, I–this is the
– first time I’ve actually seen this. This is really impressive. – I’ve only read about
– this material. So this is– You can work with it, right? I have all the notes for it. Notes? Right. Yes. And you’re sure its blue enough based on – what you’ve read?
– It better be. We’re not going back. I know. – He takes it and holds
– it in his hand. I’m pretty sure that’s good to go. Do you need to take – it to the anvil or is it
– going to be okay to do it here? Oh, no, this needs to be forged where it was originally reinforced. We’ll have to make a trip. We should get the stuff. We should get what we – need.
– The glass before, yes. Refined as a jewel. Yes. Next stop. What’s that? He was abbreviating or truncating don’t – worry about it.
– What else are you holding here there? I have scale and chain mail. Gifts. It’s elven chain mail. That’s beautiful. I was going to keep it, but then I was like, oh my gosh, he probably – needs it more than
– anybody else. He could probably use it. I could look at this, and maybe just from – inspecting it and doing
– a lit of research, I could make a similar type. Oh, good. Yeah. – I haven’t quite spent
– too much time researching the old ways of elven Smithing. I’ve stuck with my own but maybe it’s time to cross over a bit. There are present el elves here, they may would like to patronize your shop. That’s pretty. Whiter than I expected. Do you like it? It’s very nice, thank you. Guess what, guess what, I didn’t die. I’m proud of you. Thanks. Don’t go do that again. – Don’t push it.
– I’m proud of you. Thanks. He pats you on the shoulder. Do you have a lot of experience making other protective items on the things that might keep a – newly squishy person a
– bit less squished? He’s talking about himself. – Can you help him not be
– squishy. Or anyone else with – an attractive face and
– squishy characteristics. And a question. – The chain mail in the
– book says you need the strength of 13 to wear it. Is that true of this chain mail? If it says one, what does it say? If you’re not proficiently in the armor. Would you like to read the paper? It doesn’t say anything. So he could wear it? That’s how I’m ruling it in my campaign. That suffers 14. Oh, no. [laughing] Could we possibly make armor for the squishy people. I can make armor. I have armor made. It depends on what you’re looking for. I make chain mail fine. I have three bits back here. But to be honest, this is better than what I can make. Something that plate mail would look like. Something that protects. – That I can do.
– He looks over. I mean no offense, I don’t know if you got the physique for it. Oh. He looks in the corner and see the torso, the upper part of full plate mail. It’s beautifully crafted. Large shoulders spalders, and it goes up over the head. It has chains underneath and the interior, the cloth material between the skin and armor, it’s beautiful. It looks heavy as fuck and very cumbersome. Right. I think what he’s saying is that you need deltoids and traps even to keep it on your form, and if you don’t have any of those, it will slide right off. If we’re being honest here, and I appreciate the gifts you’ve given me, but if you’re looking for armor to protect you, I don’t have a use other than to resell it. I feel awkward taking something back from you. I’m not selling it back, I’ll giving it back. And if you’re going out and facing dragons, best – not to get yourself
– killed. Is that something that you can use? Anyone can use it. Caleb could use it. I could use it. Put it on, Caleb. You’re so little. Do you not have armor? It’s quiet. It’s quiet-ish. This is so strange. Their ways are foreign and wonderful. [laughing] Those elves. Those elves have their priorities. So the idea is to decide who wears the chain mail. It does have 16 base. No Dexterity bonus. 15. Does it help you? It’s 16, but no Dex bonus, so I would be at at–yeah. You would be at 15 or 16. This is higher than – I’ve ever been.
– This would put you at– I go 11 normally, 14 with maje armer. That’s probably the most defended mage in history. Is it chain mail or chain shirt. Chain mail. What does it say? Oh, chain shirt. Chain mail, but under it is chain shirt. That is different. Chain shirt is 13-plus Dex. What’s your Dex. It is 13-plus Dex. That still gets me to 14 without mage armor. It’s the plus one, I brief. Armor is always fun to figure out. Indeed. Oh, so happy. That’s why I was congress fused about the strange requirement. It is chain mail and not chain shirt. Sorry for confusing myself and I’m sure a lot of you. I don’t know how soon you’re looking to go, but we have to pack a bit. She looks up and she sees the rest of you and smiles and waves. Her waifish elven smile. She nods and walks over and starts packing. We have one bit of business. What is that family name. She’s my assistant. I need all the help I can get. We were going to go to the tumble carves. Why are you going to tumble carves for. Have you heard of it? Yes. We need to retrieve an item for Ava. Yes, they told me if you take something from someone that’s bad, it’s good, so it’s okay. That’s sound, maybe. Look, if you’re getting tangled in with those folk, and Ava, just don’t mention my name. Okay. We can do that. I don’t really know how to pronounce it. What kind of business are they in. To be honest, I don’t fuckin’ know. It’s not any of my business. I don’t mean any offense, offense is a strange term, but there are certain c astes in the city where the nobles are Well-known for their affiliations. These folk, well, they are in some strange stuff. Strange? They send out servants to show odds and ends. They show up with things that just made their way into town. Strange collectibles. They’re very in the know. But they’re going to have traps. And hands in your pockets. I don’t ever steal things. I do. – Has there been any
– rumor of criminal activity that they’ve been involved in, smuggling? I haven’t the foggyist. They keep to their own. You walk past maybe one or two, and–any way. Can I get a history check? Question, does this crew run with that one faction whose name is escaping me. You haven’t had any interaction with the tumble carves at all. You maybe heard the name once, but that’s all. 21. 21, because it’s uthedurn and you spent most of your life in the empire, I would say that you may have read the name in a book once in just a paragraph talking about the uthedurn and the various noble families in power. You heard of it. You know it’s a legitimate noble family. They’re old blood. We’re looking at probably been involved since, you know, a few centuries after the calamity. They’ve been around for – hundreds of years.
– It’s a noble family. That’s the best you can – make out.
– But that’s something. I mean, we’re going – to be okay.
– We’ve got a good plan. We’re going to have a good plan. [laughing] If we got stuff back from a dragon who almost – killed us, we can get
– stuff from a bunch of nobles. With that comparison, I think you’re on a roll. Just don’t be stupid. Is it bad that the nobles scare me more – than the dragon?
– No, there is more tension feeling. We have some experience with that sort of thing, though. Our group. Apologies, before your time. Almost died wrapped – up in a carpet.
– No. I could see that. No carpets for Beau. No dying by rug. There are different kinds. That thing below you. Yes, ma’am. Just to clarify, we need to go reclaim, liberate from these nobles because we need refined residual glass. Yes. And my bag of resyd residuum is not good enough, correct? Yes. We need to get fine – residual glass for this
– mission. You’re shown a quantity of it by Ava. Where do we go? You probably haven’t been there. But you ask if you want to, and if you’re looking for that, go to the demeret circle. There are a bunch of wealthy family who live in that space. I’m pretty sure they live there. It’s like a three-story home. Back wall shaped in a wedge like the front of a ship. Three story balconies? – Yep, they’ve got a
– balcony that is three stories high. Single story house. Definitely built in the 70s. Shag carpet. By the way, Umagorn. Yes? What time is it right now? You’ve been out for the day. You just returned, I – would say that it’s
– pushing into evening. Especially after drinking for a bit. It’s evening. Question, has it been the two evenings since I talked to Archivalist sharzzen. Meeting at the ihop. The Denny’s parking lot. – Yes, it would have
– been two days. So that’s tonight. We did say that you did have a nights rest. It may have gotten muddled between – episodes.
– That happens occasion occasionally. You have taken a full – rest beforehand.
– That would put us at two days. – That would be
– tonight, theoretically. That that would be taking place. If you wanted to follow up on that. If I wanted to do – that.
– Your call. All right. Would anybody like to – sleep over at my house
– before we go? Sure. Because we have a long day, and I can make, I don’t know, hot chocolate. Can you fit all of us? Well, we’re going to have to smoosh. – And maybe we can all
– just sleep out in the den. And we can light a fire. And tell stories. But you guys are welcome to stay over, then you don’t have to pay inn fees. That’s night. I’m okay with that. – Would we sleep now
– and then go in the middle of the night to the temple, or are we going to check it out before we do this. We should look at the place. We can check it out first. It’s been long. We not only have had a long journey. It’s a 30 minute walk from where you are. Let’s go check it – out.
– And then hang out at your house. And we can get cupcakes on the way back. Yeah. So following the instructions, you head to the circle. You looking around. There are a few homesteads that stand above and beyond the others. It is interesting. In this once section amongst a large tunnel there is a whole section of the wall that you can – see that tunnels are
– carved into the side with staircases. And at certain locations there you can see elven abodies that are four, five stories that are built into the rock. Because they’re built into the rock they have designed on shapes. Imagine the Swiss Robinson tree house but built in the rock with no tree. There are a number of these. Those are above. Keeping an eye out on one thickly built with a garden. You find one that has an – alcove that pushes in
– further in the wall in the cave. Sitting in that space you see what looks like to be a wedged shaped three story home. You can see this wedge that protrudes and meets in the front where this thiscal cove begins. There are windows and doors on each side. And there are balconies that are set up. The third story balcony they look to be hired to keep an eye on the estate. What you do see from the windows the textures are crystallined. Not smooth. The wood frames of the doors and much of the structure itself smooth, well-made. Everything is very beautiful. It’s not grandiose in size, but what is there looks to be me tick meticulously placed, and a lot of care has been given in the details. That’s what you see before you. Are there any roaming animals? Like cats or dogs, birds birds, goats. Keep going. Any animals? Giraffes, rhinos. Right, no rhino. Oh, damn. And there are – occasionally birds that
– find their way down here. It’s accidently. There are a few sub terrain – subterranean birds that
– nest within the city. But they’re usually on the stop side. There are other types of creatures, voles, and other creatures. One thing about this area, too, the stone pillars here that normally hold a lot of the over arch of the walkway on this end have been carved to look like trees. There are thick striations that head up – to these stone
– structures. Everything here has an – extra layer of decor
– consideration to its design and construction. Rain forest cafe? Yes, exactly. And the amatronic gorilla. And you see numerous glowing hanging glass lanterns hung amongst these pillars and lights out among it. And looking out over the roof, it appears to be enchanted, painted, you’re not quite sure. But for being subterranean, it looks like a star-scape. There are pins . That’s so romantic. It’s not built into the wall. It’s a stand alone. It’s built into the call into the the alcove. And the guards. They’re ground level. And the mice? Are they at our feet? There is not a perpetual group of mice at your feet. But they do live in this area. – And if you want to
– search for one or invoke one. May I search for a mouse. Sure, go to a perception check, actually, a nature check check, actually perception. 6 plus 8, 14. 14. Okay. It takes a little bit of time, but eventually you don’t find the mouse, you find mouse droppings, which leads you to a number of small dug holes near the base – of what looks like a
– small guard houses. You can probably tell there are a number of mice that live within or – underneath the guard
– house. And bats? Make a perception check. The tree-life pillar and the flickering lights, you notice there are hundreds upon hundreds of bats that are all dangling, that are just starting to wake up. You can barely hear the squeak as it’s now pushing into the nocturnal period of the night, and the elements of bat cluster are coming to consciousness to fly inside and around the city. Do you think that they would lose track of what they were doing and start eating a curtain? No, I think they would come back and forget whatever they told me, but they would remember now. They would remember that they were supposed to do something. – I would like to cast
– to speak with animals. Okay. And are which inside the land 69 of the guards. You’re not not at the gates staring at them. You’re like a loiterers who are should be on their way. Hello, bat friends. They’re over 100 feet above you. Can someone help me get their attention. I can throw my voice a bit. I can turn into a bat – and go talk to them.
– I can throw a bomb. No, no, we don’t want to hurt our bat friends. You had a short rest. You spent a good hour or so in that tavern. Just kidding. Why don’t we both go – up as bats.
– See if we can get some friends and then fly to the house and see where the ring is. Okay. Do you think that they would notice that a – bunch ever bats were in
– the house? Maybe. Hmm, let’s think of – something.
– But what if we were bats. Mm-hmm. – And we went in
– through, is there a fireplace or a chimney on the house. No. Is there–you don’t see a chimney at least. Which is generally, some of the buildings in this – subterranean city do
– have chimneys, but they don’t just open up and fill the interior space with smoke. A lot of them seem to or the place that do have chimneys have them built near pillars, and you – assume the pillars
– themselves continue with a flue up the side of the mountain. That would be insane. When you approach the – city, you saw a series
– of small plumes of smoke rising. Those all appear to be the exits of the gathered collective chimneys of the city. Fucking cool. We could roll the dice. Party pachenko. Let’s do this. What could possibly go wrong. The windows you described appear to be embedded stained glass. There is no window entrance or latch? From the once that you can see, make a perception check. They do appear to have latches. The points themselves it’s less than a stained glass. It’s developed to look beautifully rough, and obfiscates. Let’s hide and turn into bats. I like this idea. Do you want to hide and turn into bats with – us?
– And then look in the windows. They’re very slow creatures. I don’t mean slow but slow. We just want to see – if there are any
– openings on the backside. Just to bring up the old shit, we’ve been a bat over, and it kind of went piss sideways. It was a most. They’re all the same to me. No, actually I think we were bats, too. It was outside of the hobgoblin. Though, that was a most. What if we turn into bats, and we talk to those bats. Those bats can help us, and collectively as a bat family go and look in windows, there are – power in numbers.
– Or, I also have an idea. What if we turn into a few bats. Go around the house to – see if there is any way
– we can sneak. Can do. I can turn out of the bat, and paint a doorway. Aah. Tonight? No, tomorrow. I do have a very rare item that allows you to stick a dagger in the keyhole turn it, and it locks the door and nothing else can unlock the door but the dagger. Unless they set the door on fire. – Well, they would have
– to step through it. Well, in order to set the door on fire, they would have to set the whole house on fire. That’s counterproductive, really. Do we want to do a stake out and see if we can see the tumble carves entering and exiting. We’re not going to go in. I’m going to turn invisible. [laughing] You. Let’s just go see what we see. We go around and get the lay of the land for this building. The location–they can see. We’ll start the watching. And we will turn into bats. I’ll just stay here. It’s fun being a look out. Is it? I’ll just stay here and then I’ll go in any way. Classic. We’ll turn telepathic telepathically to Frumpkin to keep an eye on her. On me? You weren’t listening. We’ll turn into the – bat squad.
– One, two, three. All right. We each have one for the next hour. Awesome. What are you doing? We’re going to hide. All three of you? You two keep low key like teenagers hanging around a parking lot late in the night. It’s the equivalent of 8:00, 9:00. Want “Y” don’t we wait for the bats to wake up. Does it make it interesting for us to watch the house that is not terribly conspicuous conspicuous. After coming back midday. Drinking, it’s pre-dusk. Okay. So there are no bats flying around now? – They are starting to.
– It’s getting towards dusk. I’m not changing that on you. Question. Bat intelligence. – Are they smart enough,
– if we ask them to do that thing, will they doe that thing? – Maybe, it depends on
– how complicated the ask is. They’re creatures. They’re not extremely stupid, but complicated things. But a simple request. Possibly, if it wants to. Fuck. Great odds. Stoked to do it. Is it a rooftop, shady ale way. A bench, some place we can sit and be inconspicuous and watch? There is a subterranean park at one of the roads, the cross section of one of the nearby neighborhood roads. You can see a circle that have two stone benches that have two leafless trees that upon approaching you can see that they’re carved, they’re carved of marble. They are smooth and bend and wind. It’s a fake garden sitting space. It’s nice. And we have a view of the gate of the tumble carves. It’s about 100 feet – away from you.
– It’s a ways, there is a distance. You don’t have an amazing view of it. If something happens we have to get up and walk in that direction any way. Go ahead and situate wait yourself there. We’re looking–what about the butterfly that knife that I just bought Ebay? Some of you are staying in the space, and the rest of you are becoming bats. You are three bats. Can I speak to other bats as a bat? Can I fly out to the bunch and see if there are any weak? They’re waking up. The equivalent of what you hear is, Oh, man, I’m hungry. Breakfast anyone? Oh, yeah, let’s go get breakfast. Steve, are you okay? I’m feel ling groggy. They’re coming out of their long night sleep and their stomachs rumble. Hello, friends. Oh, Oh, Oh, oh. I have a quick question for anyone who is awake. Slow down. What is that? – Oh, sorry, I have a
– question. Do you you know anything about the people who live in the house? No. No? Have you seen people leave recently? Hmm, I mean, there have been a few days. If I brought back food later, could you help me with something? Maybe? The guys are what food? Do you like bread? They both look at each other, I like bread. I like bread. They seem to be more – interested in chiming in
– as a group than considering how much they like bread. I’ll bring you lots of bread for a favor. Okay. Okay. My friends and I are going to go into the house. If anything looks bad, like not them come in, squeak loud. And then you get bread. I like bread. I like bread. I like bread. I like bread. Make a persuasion check. 13. Oh, hell yeah. You concentrate for for a second as you stair at them. Then you see energy poof like a possibility. Magic just shifts the very fabric of the cosmos. The bats go, sure, right? Yeah, okay. Good use. I like bread. I like bread. You convince the bats to eat carbs. Sucking up their – paleo diet.
– It’s cheat day. Welcome. I say thank you, friends. They’re joining you. Do you think that the three of us could have – some of the bread now.
– I don’t have any bread on me. You promised bread. Right after. Where are you keeping the bread. Oh, are they the dumbest bats. You still have your personalities. You still–it’s not quite the mob scenario here. You have the intellect to recall basic elements. And smart enough to ask for the bread. Valid point. Should we go do something? We’re looking in the windows. We’re looking for bread. Let’s go. You all make your way down to the house. There are the three stories. There is the top story, the larger balconies. – Where are you going?
– I’m going on the topmost floor. I’ll fly around the back of the house to see what is going on back there. I’m going to the roof for and look for bread. Perception check and investigation check looking for the bats. Use your wisdom. The perception plus 8. Sure. Wisdom. Using bats wisdom. 13. 13. Do we have a bonus. Plus one. 12. Pretty good. You look around the top area, the back of it, and the building is built up against the interior, there is no back end. It is merged to the wall. You see another entrance – on the side.
– You go to the other side. No other doorway. – There are the windows,
– the balcony, the front doors, and that’s the only way in. You glance within the top balcony. You can see that there is–that window, what – you thought was a window
– up close, you can see it is a window that splits into a door. Three panes of glass. The two in the center, and then there are glass door with what looks to be a handle on it. With can. Can we make out what is through the glass. No. Is it through the roof? You can see maybe there is one with a view that is further out – because it is mostly
– protected it cuts off 9 perspective of any of the higher houses, other than the once that are affixed to the far pillars. And then how much of a distance is it from – the ceiling to the roof?
– Maybe 15, 10 feet. Okay. Not a wide gap but a little bit of space. Okay. And you find no bread. So we crowd this place. It’s rounded, like a big cavern alcove. It rounds out and then the wedge is the front of a boat. Oh, the front. If this is the alcove, the rest is a city. It comes out in a pointed wedge, and there are balconies. While looking for bread, can I see if the back of the building is connected to the back of the cavern. It is. With my keen hearing can I hear anything on the first floor? Can I press bat ear to door to hear steps? Sure. Make a perception check. 19 plus 8. 19 plus 8, listening in, you do not hear any steps, no. As there is no bread, I’ll just look and see if there is any door or entrance on the roof as well. Okay, make an investigation check. That’s a 1. You see what looks to be a hatch. You can’t tell if it opens up or opens in. That’s probably where they keep the bread. Are we on the roof? – I’m on the roof.
– I’m very stupid as a bat. Hi. They’re keeping the bread in there. I see them slapping, so I go up to them, have you found anything? We found the bread. – There is no bread.
– No, underneath the trapped door, there is bread. That is good to know. We should go back to the others and open the door. We have to take a nap first. Think about it for a moment. We are very tired, but the bread is right there. No, no. The bread is at my house. The bread is at my house. Oh, that changes everything. Let’s go back to the others. That’s what I thought. Come with me. So Beau, you’re saying if I slide my front foot forward, it will make the board come up a little bit. – You have to shift
– your weight backwards, and really go for it. Three bats arrive. Hold on, I’ve been waiting for this. You let Jester back in. [laughing] We have found a latch on the roof. It was like a door. Some sort of a hitch. A latch-hatch door. There was no back to the house because it backs up to the rock. But if we can get up on to the roof, it kind of blocks the view. Guards up there? No, and I didn’t hear or see anybody on the first floor. The house backs into the cavern, into the rock. They definitely have a vault. – I made a plan deal
– with the bats. They said if anybody comes in and looks – suspicious, they’re
– going to start squeaking. So if we hear squeaking, we’re in trouble. Is it a different squeak than their normal squeak? How will we differentiate. We didn’t get that – far in the conversation.
– I had to promise them bread. It was very complicated. Oh, bread. They’ll do a lot of things for bread. – Everybody would do a
– lot of things for bread, apparently. I’m so hungry. Do we have a – tentative plan.
– We’ll walk back to the tavern, wherever we’re staying, stop at the bakery. Are you looking at my bare midriff right now, and how it is sort of hanging over my skirt that I decided to wear even though you can’t see below my waist. Hey, man, if you’re – going to go, go all the
– way. Okay. Was it Olivia who said he wasn’t the character until he put on the shoes. Olivier rolls over in his grave. Is it safe? No. We’ll go to the bakery, have a slumber party, and then go in through the roof. Eat some bread and – then go through the
– roof. It is pretty early. We can get up in the – middle of the night and
– do this. Yes, do you want to go talk with that other cobalt sole guy about the moon? The moon Mooney guy. What do we hope to accomplish with this gentleman? I don’t know. You are really selling me on it. It would be for formality sake, I think. – Or we can just blow him
– off. It seems fine. It doesn’t seem pressing. Mm-hmm. But, perhaps it would ingratiate us back in the good graces of the librarian here. I know. We could just leave a note. Okay, we stopped by. Oh, man, we’re so busy. Let’s, now you know. I think we could earn – a little more capital if
– we hit the library. All right. And get in the better graces. Why don’t you go ahead – for your cocoa and we’ll
– be right behind you. Okay. Should we save you a cup? Yes please. So you head back to the house. Stop by the bakers, for the cupcakes. Let’s get two dozen just to be safe this time. Two dozen cupcakes. We’ll say that will put you at 12 silver. You got it. Worth it. You guys are going to meet up with demid or cancel or what is the scenario? Just go to the place. We’re going to meet up with them. At the tavern. Okay. Which tavern? The one that we were at earlier. The broken stool, isn’t that what he said? No, tumble tankards. That’s the bar you went to previously today. All right, you go and wait a good hour or so. And he doesn’t show up. Well, I hate fuckin’ waiting on people. Let’s give it 30 more minutes. I’m going to get more booze then. It’s left on the gold. It’s on me. Get another round. Another round. I’ll just leave a note. We were here so we don’t seem. You know, in the meantime the last 24 – hours went a lot better
– than some would expect or anticipate. You know, just when I think we’re a group of irredeemable fuck-ups, we manage to pull one out of the fire. We certainly did. I don’t know. I’m up and I’m down. Sometimes I think we can take over the world. I don’t want to take over the world. – You know what I mean.
– But then I swing back and think that we’re doing a stupid. But a day like yesterday, I feel good. That’s pretty awesome awesome. We duped a white dragon. Yeah, you did show up. Oh, fuck. He comes in. He has his coat on, and he , and so you have come in as well, friend. And her assistant, her moon assistant. She’s like the big moon and I’m the small moon behind the the big moon. This is where? I’m an amateur, but I try. This is fortuitous, definitely. I’ll go and get some milk. He gets up and leaves – to the bar.
– Caleb downs his drink. I do the same. Get that fucken guy drunk. You spend the next better part of 30 minutes talking about what? In role playing awkwardness, are you looking for any information? No, I want to ingratiate ourselves to him, and make him like us. And compare any type of the moon cycles be based on any activity that we’ve encountered. Is there any type of cycle that seems to sync up on? Interesting, interesting, indeed. I need to know when my moon is coming. Best you can tell. The common moon cycle, the moon in the moon-lit sky. That cycle is anywhere between 30-to 40-day cycle. Rootus is a slow orbit. It’s visible half of the year. It’s far more distant, and rootus is very – prominent in the sky at
– the moment. Prominent meaning that you can see it, this paint little look of brown-maroon-type dot in the sky during the evening. It’s barely noticeable. In the day its even fainter. But it’s there. So other than that, – there is no correlation.
– I agree. I just want to fast track it back to our friends. But using this 30 minutes, Caleb will chat him up in a very intellectual and jovial way so that he likes us a lot. Make a charisma check here. I’m helping. The advantage? Because she’s helping you. The check? Micah My charisma sucks. That is a one and I have 18. He gets deep in his milk cups, and seems to be enjoying your – presence, and when you
– kind of find the right moment in the conversation where it begins to lull that you both gruffly, we need to go. – Oh, thank you for the
– time. Until tomorrow? We’ll see you. All right, all right. Yes. Be careful now. He leaves. I know more than I ever wanted to about the cycles of the moon. Yeah, let’s go. You find the rest of your party nearly sick on cupcakes. Pillow forts partially constructed in the middle of the comfortable if now not as spacious interior, but the sleep over it is as you find your respective corners of the floor, makeshift – bedding assembled, you
– find yourself comfortably falling into a night sleep. That’s where we’ll take a break. Check out what happens the next morning. We do have our give away away. We have tonight’s prize. A Bolivian rose wood from our friends. Tonight’s key word is “Owl.” ” .” Only enter once, if more than that you’re disqualified. We’ll be back in a minute. ♪ Congratulations to. Depants. That’s poop underscore de underscore pants. Who just may have pooped their pants. Of the poop depants family? Of the new England area. Yes. [sniffing] Also the vestige the oven chain. The vestige of oven chain is what we’re talking about. Now you’re down for a rest. The night comes to you. Through a cupcake-induce cupcake-induced tem rather sugar coma, coma,–temporary sugar coma, the comfortable night darkness restful sleep. There is a speck of light that grows and grows until the translucent form of samuel operates before new your dream. A vision that has not come to you in some time. The wings unfurled, the calm semi of the angelic entity before you. So what have you learned with the dragon? Sometimes you should run from things rather than fight it? Yes. Do you see I lived. I’m proud of you. Is that what I was supposed to learn? There isn’t so much a right way to do things, more avoid the wrong way to do things, and take these lessons to heart as you learn them. You’ve made companions, you’ve faced serious threat, and you’ve made new friends. Are you proud of yourself? I am proud of yourself. You should be proud for yourself regardless. I don’t get it. I guided you for some time, and I would hate to think that so much of your life is tethered to what my opinion or my interest may be. But you’re my angel, what do you mean? I am. And I’m not going anywhere. But where do I go? I showed you. – I showed you the path
– with the dragon. Yes. You can do that with other things in life. Did I do something wrong? Is that why you’re going away? I’m not going away. But I guess I’m scared. And that’s okay. Scared is all right. Scared keeps us strong. Scared helps us know who the enemy is. And I’m still defeating the enemy, – right?
– You have been. Okay. And there is more enemy out there to destroy. Thank you. I just want you to know that I trusted the guidance I’ve given you to this point, strong enough to lead you whether or not I’m around. If you see the darkness that creeps into the night, and I’m not there. Do not hesitate. I promise. You’re an extension – of my weapon, and you’ve
– been sharpened further and further with each year. I’ll miss you if I don’t get to see you a lot. But I’ll remember what you told me, and I promise that evil will never win. I’m always watching. I promise that I won’t let you down. Every time you look down at me, everything I do will be for you, but also for me, right? For you are an extension of me. Exactly. – I think I get it.
– Your opinion is my own. If you learn this path as well as I believe you have. So know these choices you make, they’re mine. As my own. Should you stray, I’ll let you know. Okay. But until then, take solace in that knowledge. I will. Now, smile at the shadows for me. [sounds of wings] The feather trail Cascades around you as the warmth of your – night’s rest carries you
– once more into darkness. The morning comes to you all. You awaken with cricks in your necks, and the back because of the not well-supported floor of the home. Excuse me, I provided billions. pillows. You did, you did. That was not the best–that was the best night’s rest I’ve ever had, thank you. Does anyone want breakfast. Breakfast sounds great. – Let’s do that.
– Cupcakes? Hmm cupcakes. I actually think I might have had too many last night. And I feel that maybe cupcakes aren’t the best right now. Can you make us something healthy, protein. Do I have things in my fridge? – Do I have a fridge?
– It’s not so much a fridge. I mean, there are, you know, enchanted cold storage cases, but you do not have one in your possession. So the things you would – have would be relatively
– fresh vegetables, something that you would acquire from the market. Dried salted meats, things that would have a long life before consumption. Lentils. Yes, beans, root-based tuber-like vegetation, a lot of utherdurnian food is tuber. What I have in the house I’ll try to whip together. A southern throw it all in kind of breakfast. The breakfast mash is completed, cooked, it’s not pretty, but it’s pretty tasty. Hmm-mmm. Some familiar spices thrown in. So today we’re going to break into a home is the idea, to liberate– The ring, so we can get what we need to get “G” to the forge, to – make the sword, and do
– the other business. Let’s do it. All right. All of us are just in a small covert fashion. Are you scared? Oh, no. I think it’s good to have a few people on stand by, maybe. I would say at least one of the two of you to go in for the messages back and forth. What is this? I don’t know. Good because we can hear each other. We can hear each other really well. I’ll stay outside – because I’m not very
– sneaky. Because you could be a good excuse to distract the guards and – get their attention,
– talk to them at the gates. Back to my old tricks. Is he going to flirt with them? We call it a silver tongue. Yes. Are you going to marry the guards? Don’t count that out just yet. I could talk them into marrying them, that’s for sure. That only works for one guard. That could work with two. Palyandry. The like the sneaking. We’ll go through the roof or make you can fly us up there o or bamf us. Oh, we can bamf us. Could we be bamfed? Yes, maybe stay on the roof and stand guard up there? How are we going to get on the roof. I could bat myself up there. I could bat myself up – there.
– I can carry Beau. Very noticeable. Just so you aware it is roughly like 5:00 in the morning. You went to bed early so you get up early. So it is the track of dawn. I thought we would wake up at 2:00. We over slept. You needed a full eight-hour rest. Yes. We could do this right now. Be done by 10:00 a.m. and still have a full day ahead of us. You can take the dagger and lock any doors behind you. I have the sword. It’s fine. What if you need to – come in.
– It doesn’t unlock, it locks. I understand, but what if you need to come in the front door – because we need you?
– And you could come in the front door to make sure that nobody else does? But the guards. He’s going to be distracting the guards, hopefully. And if it all turns to shit, as many of our plans do, he may need to run into the door. I’ll be there to run in the door. ♪ I’ll be there ♪ Oh, God. [singing] Let’s just walk over there, okay, guys? Yes, let’s go. This is as good as it gets. I think we should have four people in there. We can do two people as pats. I can be a bat. You can be a bat. I can get one other person up to the roof. Nott and Jester. What about Beauregard. You’re staying on the roof. I’ll climb, climbing a good idea? I don’t think so. I can make you invisible. Can you make two trips? – I always wanted this.
– What? I’ve been waiting for you to offer. – I can make you
– invisible. I’ve just been waiting. Well, today is your lucky day, Beauregard Lafayette. What is your last name? I won’t squander it again. So who is staying behind? I wish I wasn’t. You can go in. I mean, I trust–I trust everybody’s plan. I’m going to trust the plan. Er. How are you going to get in? I don’t know. Nott how many people can you make invisible? One. Shit. Caleb can make a person invisible. Make pinky invisible so I can carry pinky up on the roof. And Beau can sneak up there. And then you can turn into a bat. I cannot turn into a bat if I keep turning people invisible. Is that true? Yes. I think we can only bring four people to the roof. I just don’t want to leave anybody out. I’ll stay on the ground. That’s okay. I’ll stay on the ground. Forget invisibility. If four goes and talks to those guards, they’re going to have eyes on him. We can float up, fly up to the roof. We don’t have to be invisible. Let’s not complicate the plan. Bats without a trace. Oh, my God. It’s five in the – morning.
– No one is looking for birds. We’re on the ground. Well, I tell you what, I could make a group invisible, and let them make their way through the back of the house. Along the backside of the wall. You go with, and when you’re there, you let me know that they’re there. I’ll drop it. You’re visible again out of the way of view. Then we’ll bat it up. – Then you’re going to
– stay with four as he’s distracting the guards, – you know when to drop
– invisibility and to go from there? He doesn’t need to – distract the guard
– because I’ll make a handful of people invisible. And we’ll all go in together, and be caught together. It will be fun. I’ll make a distraction unless I hear shit breaking and I assume things are going wrong. – I do think we want
– people outdoors for problems. Just to have another option other than flying, if I’m a giant constrictor strength would my length be as long as the building so they could walk up me? A giant constrictor snake. Considered a large creature coiled, . So uncoiled. I would say that’s 30 feet length from nose to tip of tail. How tall is 30 feet. We’re all just invisible. I don’t know. We’ll all be invisible. We’re scurry to the roof. We’ll figure it out. We’ll figure it out as we go. You’ll make us invisible, and we’ll scurry to the roof. – On three, go.
– You can’t say on three and then not count. On three, go. A silent three. We’re not to the house yet, are we? No, we’re on our way. We’re on our way to the house. You’re quietly conversing as you make your way. And I just want to say – that this is good work.
– We’re doing the work of a Wildmother. We’re on the path of destiny. We’re here to make a – friend stronger, we’re
– here to help me fulfill what I want to do. I’m so grateful for all of you, and for what you’ve given of yourself to this, to this honestly this long shot, this leap of faith that we’re all making. It’s just great. I cast motivational speech. Yeah. You cast motivational speech. I gave a motivational speech to one, two, three–how many can I do? I count five. You have five temporary hit points. Advantage on wisdom. If someone hits the attack, the attack has – the advantage.
– That’s cool. Perfect. As we’re walking. It takes a long time to train in this shit, but personally, I’m a firm – believer that everyone
– should have the basics of self defense. A good foundation. Totally. So if you want–I always do like my morning routine any way. You’re always welcome to join me in that. I lose count after 75 push ups. – I don’t know how you
– expect me to hang with that. You work up to that. You shouldn’t be down on – yourself.
– The sit ups? Yeah. And the pull ups? Yeah. When your body is your weapon, everything needs to be in tip-top shape. I fried that once. –I tried that once. Everything hurt for two days. Like a rusty hinge. That’s every day of my life. – You don’t show it.
– The pain kind of turns me on just a little. [laughing] Okay. [laughing inment. [. Did that induce you to work out with me? [laughing] No, I will be focused at the task at hand, and not at all thinking about you feeling– No, you don’t have to think did. No, I will take it. As you arrive at the Crossroads where you had previously staked out amongst the stone seats but in visual range of the tumble carve residence. Caleb you are at the moment staying behind. Fjord, you’re staying – behind.
– The rest of you are casting ability–before you do that, Beau is going. Nott is going. Caduceus? – I think I would like
– to come. So one, two, three. I can do it all myself. I’m the giant bird carrying things. You want to turn into a giant flying creature? Er. I’m transfer first. I’ll only be a giant owl for a moment. So you’re attempting to turn into a giant owl in the middle of this main thoroughfare, and you turn invisible. It can be done. And it can be quick. No, no, nein, nein. What if there is a back alley, shady or otherwise. I would say shape invisible. I heard a strange disembodied voice. That’s what I’m here for. I heard a strange disembodied voice. One, two, three, four four, poof, poof, poof, poof. – The four of you are
– invisible. I’ll cast the invisible on myself. When you’re invisible. Can you see others who are invisible? No, but we’re touching each other. Careful, careful. You know what she likes. [laughing] So… So who is grabbing on to who? I got Nott. I got rainy. – I got pinky.
– Who followed any of that. Come on. Side note earlier today when we first got up, Caleb I would say the night before would have used trans muter stones back to advantage on constitution constitution–concentrat ion? Proficient concepts, yes. Okay, all right. With that you are invisible. You become your owl form. Who do you grasp? Caduceus and Beauregard, you’re holding. Yes. Do you feel the shift of form? – As you cuddle up to the
– owl. I, as gently as possible, pad around to feel body with my talon. You cop an accidental feel. Gently scoop them up. And then I’m pecking around with my beak to see if I can find Jester, but gently. Or can you get up yourself? I can do it. Okay. I’m just taking the two of them. The gust of wind coming and flowing and – lessening as the owl
– goes towards our destination. How are we getting up there? – On three.
– Are you leading the way? Go. [laughing] So you both just start running towards the residence. You do get a view. There are three guards – in the exterior.
– There are two in the main Court yard, and there is one on the third-level balcony. – The third-level
– balcony. Correct. The two have swords crossed along their shoulders, and another looks to be zoning out, not quite sleepy, but definitely this is a routine. Down on the street. Yes. Caleb and Fjord next to each other. After they vanish, Caleb staring says, last time we did this, you held a sword to my neck. Oh, that’s right. Good times. Sorry about that. Ehh. Control issues and such. I wouldn’t know about that. You have the self checks with the advantage because you are invisible, and you have plus ten. So you’re super stealthy right now. Oh, thank God. Thank God. 30. So 7 plus 8, 15. That is one. Thank you, owl. 5. With the advantage? I rolled two 4s. All right. The, The owl the size of the Barcalounger has a plus eight? You’re flying towards the roof? Where the hatch is. You head towards the – roof.
– You watch as the one guard is phasing out a little bit and goes, this is kind of on alert alert. – He hears something.
– He doesn’t quite know the direction. He doesn’t see anything, of course. But he seems to be going from a passive, this is an every day scenario, to now being on letter. His light turned on yellow. Not quite hidden. So you guys make up to the roof. The space there, a 10-, 15-foot gap. You squeeze in and stop. You’re holding? Yes. To land, you have to let them go. – You have to flied in.
– What are you doing? It’s coming quick. I’m getting as close as I can and gently drop them but have enough space to pull back and stop. So drop them with knowing that I have enough space to brake, the emergency brake. I would say roll the Dexterity for me. About 150 feet? 7. You’re skidding across. And Caduceus kind of bump, bump, bump, tumble a bit. You hear the guard go, what’s that? Hold on. Do the other two guards seem to notice what that guard is doing? Or is it just– They do not. Okay. – They’re just about going
– about their business. Just the one guard is seeing shit. What are the two guards doing on the ground. One is watching the door and the other is doing perimeter gates. We’ll wait until he walks away. We’ll go to the side of the house. Is there a fence to climb over. There is an iron fence with a stone pillars 8-foot tall. The gate is about 7-foot tall. – And every 10 or 15 feet
– are these stone pillars between each segment of the iron gate. Climb over? Here’s the thing. – Is there anything along
– the fence that in a split second that neither of the two guards can see us. Is it a barred fence or a solid stone fence. No, it’s iron bars about that far apart. And there are pillars pillars. There are pillars – every 15 feet.
– There is invisibility. Let’s do it. Yes. Right behind us is a guard on that level. I’ll get ready to drop down to the ground and yank him down. Okay, so you hear–as you’re getting ready, you hear the– the–thumping–on the roof. Perception check. 18. A quick glance. That’s all you need. You find the moment where the guards are looking in opposite directions from where you are. – You cast the spell, and
– in a split second to the exterior of the home on that balcony. – Both landing and the
– guard there is just crossing, and he’s looking up at the roof. His head is back in towards the glass door. What are you doing? I yank him. And I’ll shoot him in his cloak. Oh, okay. Go ahead and roll the attack, Jester. Okay. That’s not dark. Assuming the attack. This will be a grapple attempt. Use a strength or athletic check is what it is. Athletic? – Yes.
– 19. That’s a fail. You grab and pull him on the ground and he tries to make noise. And I shoot him in the neck. A sneak attack, I assume assume. Currently threatened, yes, . [everyone groaning] This dude. He was just falling asleep. Minding his own business. He’ll just take a nap. We’ll see, we’ll see. First shot because he doubled the dice. Correct. 60. It automatically shoots again. That’s a 22 to hit. Collateral damage. Oh, my God. Nine more points of damage. [choking] There is air in the throat, fuckin’ dead instantly. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’ll tie a sash around his neck so they can’t see the blood. [everybody laughing] Okay. I’ll make it look like he’s not bleeding. I won’t cure the wound because he’s dead already. Just paint over it. I’m going to paint over it. Whoa is. Let’s wrap it can something. Just make it so you can’t see the blood. There is a lot of blood. You just shot him in the throat in one hit. But is he wearing like armor. Yes, he’s wearing a simple breast plate. And a pool of blood. He’s wearing a pool of blood. A red apron. I’m going to take his hands and his large cross bow like he couldn’t take it any more. No, he’s still here. He just needs to look like he’s sitting. You think no one will notice this? He is dead. Maybe he’s dead, we can’t make him look alive. Can anyone see I’m pulling away. No, not from this perspective, no. From here–how do we get up– We climb. Can we climb to the roof from here? It is awfully – slippery now.
– You can. You’ll need to make a check please. I love always the person who is so adamant that we make it a complex plan is the one who immediately throws it–murder. You’re trying to find hand or footholds up to the balcony, you can see there are some in the – frame, but you don’t
– have the strength to leverage. They could trapped – and stuff.
– I could look for the traps. What are you going to do? Mention doors. That’s an escape, but yes, do what you do. Do what you do. I’m going to dimension doors to the roof with everybody else. After tumbling for a moment, and landing on the roof. – You hear the owl come to
– land on the roof space there. A little bit of a tumble, but you’re okay. I think we’re okay. What do you hear? I search for them with my feathers to make sure they’re okay. They’re okay. You eventually find them later. Jester does not appear to you on the roof. I’m going to see if it’s locked. I’m going to find the owl at this point. – Go ahead and make an
– investigation check. I do say that it feels like it has been a little long. No, metallic in the air. Metallic. The roof is going to be locked. The latch is locked. I will try to pick the lock. Go for it. Dexterity modifier. Oh wait, these tools. 17. 17? It’s not opening. It’s latched on the inside. The mechanism is partially in the interior, so you can’t – quite get it.
– I’m going to paint a hole. Okay, you paint a dark circle and give a little bit of the dimension to it. Jester, first it looks simple, rudentermentry. But the more ink she applies, it looks more like a hole, and then the section of the roof – is gone.
– There is just a hole in the roof. It’s kind of incredible. Nice. I will take out a piece of metal wire and – rub it around my lips.
– I don’t know. And then message Caleb and say, okay, team Alfa is going into the roof hole, the roof hole. What do you want to do? You’re 150 feet away from the hole. The messenger is 100 feet away, so you hear nothing. Oh. Maybe he didn’t hear you. Would I know that he’s too far if I didn’t – hear a response?
– Maybe an intelligence check. – 5.
– 5? No. It’s weird. He should have responded. Maybe he’s hiding. If he didn’t apply to me, he didn’t speak. I haven’t seen it in person, but I know it is a red ring. You know it’s a spiral led red metal. So I’m going to cast – locate object, and I’m
– going to think of that specifically. Okay. You finish the spell. One action. You concentrate, and you can sense the direction that’s below, and a little bit in towards the wall of the cavern. Beyond Beyond the threshold of what the visual estate. You gather this goes beyond and deeper in the rock. Does it feel like what level it would be on? At this angle it’s hard to tell. It’s one or two floors below you on the roof. Why don’t we Daisy chain it, and leave a few people stationed in places. That way as you walk back, if anything happens, maybe? Or is that terrible? Let’s just go in. There is no light inside. You’re looking down in – what appears to be a
– master bedroom-like chamber. It’s relatively gaudy, and attired in dark blue. It’s coloring the floor itself, that is a polish polished cyrillian stone. The bed is a gearish canopied bed. The elements of carpet and rug that are set out there are not complimentary. It is a hideous chamber. You see a vanity and a mirror above that. You see a dresser and a door that leads into a – hallway that lines up
– with what may have been where the hatch would have descended towards. What can Caleb see? You see two guards patrolling. You’re watching, and one of them just kind of vanished. Actually, both of you make perception checks. A stream of blood running down the side of the house. The balcony just dripping. Something is going wrong. Why? – Jester was there with
– a guy. Now the guy is not there, and Jester is not – there.
– She was there. Jester was right there. That was not part of the plan. It’s Jester. We did not anticipate this. – Right, stay
– available? Yes. What if the distance is too far? Let’s try to get a little bit closer carefully. 40 or 50 feet. All right. Go for a little stroll. We had to kill a guard, but we’re in on the third floor. You had to what? What? Hmm. Shh. That was never part of the plan. Five minutes. You need to get closer. We need to move towards the back of the house. We’re invisible. What! You first. On three. [laughing] We’re still here. But I’m still with you. What are we doing here? On three. We’re going to walk to the backside of the house. Why do we have to count for that? [laughing] I don’t want us to bump into us. [counting in German] And I start leading him along the right side. Go around the gate. You move along the wall and the exterior of the Court yard. In the meantime, you’re inside the benching. Caduceus, I can see you again, great. The invisibility drops on you. Yes. I’m built for espionage, not for healing. All right, you sense a trap directly beneath the vanity cabinet. A trap. You also sense a trap seemingly beyond the hallway, like the door. There is the hall beyond – and a trap about 30 feet
– beyond there. There is a trap on the other side of the door. Possibly the door itself, and then like another 30 feet. You also sense a handful of various other traps set around the house and on the bottom floor. The bottom floor is a nightmare. It’s where you pointed to the vanity. The vanity is trapped. Is that something that we should – investigate or should we
– go in the master bedroom. I feel like if I tell you no, you’re going to do it any way. No, I’m all ears. It’s underneath the vanity. There is a trap underneath the vanity. – Do you want to look
– at it? I don’t know. I’m very confused. I also don’t really know – because I can’t see the
– vanity because it is pitch black in here. So I have no real idea. I can just–I have echo location. Oh, all right. Maybe the ring is there. No, Jester knows the ring is down the wall. Are they pointing in the same direction. No, he’s off to the right. He’s towardsing to the base of the vanity. And Jester is pointing– There is a trap that way. The one that is 30 feet beyond, and the next one, that’s where it is. Is. Question, is it possible that there is a key for something in – that vanity.
– Are in any other traps? There are. This is the only trap that I’m reading, the one beneath the vanity. Goggles on. I’m going to rummage through the drawers. There is a trap. I’m not going under the trap. Look in the vanity, and you see a series of facial powders, gloves, and it looks like a bunch of evening wear accessories that begin with more makeup, that eventually leads into various bits ever could you coutremont for gowns and evening attire. Are there doors that lead from this balcony. Yes. Can we see through them outside? You can see a faint bit of light coming through the atmospheric light from the street and the area around you, and the lanterns that are lit up in the area. But it is diffused through the weirdly texture ed fog light. What color is the glass? A faint bluish green. A hint of teal to it. It’s probably just jewelry in there. I’m learning to let go of control of things. If the trap looks like something you can figure out how to disarm, and – if you’re feeling
– confident, I would say fine. But if it looks dangerous. I’ll investigate the – trap.
– The investigation trap. 15. 15, it is, indeed, what you find is not the vanity but beneath it there is a small metallic lock box that has been slipped beneath – the vanity, and there is
– a compartment that it is slipped up inside. You can try to remove it, there is a trap on the space, but the latch on the vanity has a mechanism. It just doesn’t look – super complicated, but
– it is not a simple trap either. I think I got this. I’ll take a little nip of booze, and I’ll try to disarm the trap. Go for it. – Tools check?
– 20. Ooh. You feel a spring. And nothing happens. Check it. 25. It is a tough lock. The tumblers are arranged strangely. You have not encountered a lock like this. It’s not entirely unlike – the others you have
– encountered, but you have to arrange it in your mind, and you fiddle with it. You find fine jewelry, gold necklaces, gems are embedded in it. You see what looks to be a vial of possession – that looks empty, a
– glass vial, and what looks to be a letter that’s folded. Take the letter. Let’s You want to read it – now?
– Let’s get the thing first. We’re just taking this – in case it’s useful in
– the next room. These people are bad. It is good. If we find. If it’s good, we’ll put it all back. Maybe there is something in the letter that says they’re bad. I’m going to– Is the door visible? Bullshit. It’s invisible ink. There is a vial. Shake the vial, see if I hear liquid in it. There is liquid in it, you can see it, but it is faint–it’s almost like water. Are you familiar with – aero gel?
– It’s it looks like there is a liquid in there, but almost not. It’s likely a ghostly liquid. It’s totally invisible ink. For sure. That’s the ink. I assume so. – Maybe there is
– something in the jewelry. Maybe there is still magic. Pocket it for now. Pocket it for now. Shall we go to the trap? I want to conjure an elemental cat. No. Not to dismantle the traps that we found, but if I can’t. What if it has passwords on that invisible piece of paper. You go to exit, and the door is locked. The door is locked in the bedroom from the inside? From the outside? Shit. If I hold up the letter in front of the lock, can we get a two-for-one deal? No, it doesn’t work like that. Roll for it. Terrible, 16. 16? It’s not opening. I’m going to pass the spell magic on– Do I discern– On the piece of – paper.
– Okay. Cast the spell of magic. There is a very faint wave of arc of energy, very faint. Like an invisible breeze, and suddenly the ink appears across the page. Read it, read it. – Glancing through it,
– it is encoded meaning like the phrases don’t – seem to make sense
– initially. But go ahead and make an investigation check for me. Do I get a present because that’s my specialty. You get a bonus. The investigation. Just the investigation check. You’re familiar with this type of sub text. A lot of smuggling, a lot of illegal trade. You’ve pulled in an arranged word separately. This seems to be talking about deliveries, patience. Definitely nefarious. These are bad people. They sound like slavers to me. Oh, that’s the worst. Or even worse than that. Antique stealers? Yes. So we’re stuck in this room. Can you Can anybody open this door? Caduceus you said you could. There is stuff I can do. Are there metal hims hinges. Is there a keyhole that someone may be able – to turn into something
– and fly through. No, don’t do it. Yes, do it. We’re stuck in the room. – Of course do it.
– I’m going to use my paint. Oh. Oh. You. Maybe I can paint a lot of rust on the hinges to where they just break. Totally corroded hinges. You can go ahead and try. You paint this heavy rust in the crack marks and breaks across the hinges. Do a Dexterity check for me. 22. The details are pristine. You would think this is – all natural rust.
– Incredible. The paint sets in. That’s a fucked door. Roll a strength check. 21. It snaps right off the hinges. The door is in Jester’s hands. So cool, slick. We’ll check. Caleb, Caleb are you coming in the room? We’re standing in the gate watching two guards. Did that just come through. Are you coming in? We’re at the gate. And the guard on the balcony is gone. You want us to come in? He wants to know if we want him to come in. I have a feeling that this is going to be– We’ll get in and out. You think it will be quick? Yes, come inside if you can, but no rush. What? Caleb reply ies to that message. One of us or both of us? Do you think they should come in. Our friends outside. Caleb and Fjord. Yeah, it’s always good to see them. They’re coming down the roof. They’re not getting – on the roof.
– You can rely to this message. What are you doing? I sign tug at Fjord’s hand and pull him away from the building 30 feet or not quite as close, and I send my own message. You realize that casting message. Yes, is there any structure or anything. You can find the structure, but you’re going to get out of range. Yeah. Okay, I’m going to pull Fjord aways away out of sight. Away from the building. Without doing anything I say, once we’re out of sight. So they messaged me for both of us to go in, but I’m not sure how to get both of us in. I know I can get myself in. You just go. I’ll be find out here invisible. How long does this last? An hour or a couple more seconds when I drop – it.
– We’re totally blocked from sight. You found an an alcove. No, I’ll be fine. You just go. You turned into a bat? Yes. You return to visibility, and you’re sitting in a small-like – ale away off one of the
– estate storage houses. You’re just alone. Anyone around or looking? At the moment, no. It’s still early morning. Roll a self check for me. It was plus. Plus one? I’ll look. I’m going to roll. Hold on. One of the guards glance up, and no big deal. You make your way upon the roof, and you can see the hole carved there. You guys make your way around the hallway. There is a trap on the opposite side of the hallway. You can see there is a hatch, and a ladder that it beneath it, but the hatch is locked inside. But the trap I was sensing. It’s on another chamber beyond the door. It’s on the other side of the hallway. – Where is the ring, if
– you remember? It’s been less than ten minutes, I’m assuming. It’s still into where. Let’s get go. Do I keep an ear out? Do I hear any sounds, footsteps? Presence? I’ll join you in that. I’ll try to pick the lock again. 26. It’s just like the other one. I figured it out. – You enter into what
– is a small storage chamber. You can see sheets thrown over old furniture, it smells dusty and musty. It a couple of barrels. It’s just a general storage room that has not seen a whole lot. – Hidden doors.
– And anything. We know where the trap is. The path we’re leading you to looks to be a large am mirror. As you’re opening the door. You’re kidding. I’ll just shoot you in the throat. [laughing] Check out the trap to – see if it’s super hard.
– I’ll see if I can locate or see the type of trap. 28. There is no trap on the doors to the armoire. Go ahead and open it. Where is the trap then? It is, however, . Balls, shit, all right. I’m standing on the side of this thing no matter what happens. I’m backing up. Stand back ten feet, and what am I doing? Unlocking it? 29. 29. – Yes.
– Opens that. I really have been using the same thing, it’s amazing. You you can see six different outfits that have been thrown over a pole. There are different colored silks and different materials. Can you sense where the ring is still? The trap is further in the in the armoire. How much further, is the armoire up against the wall. We found narnia. A bat flies into the chamber. You look and you see a bat. That’s the Caleb bat. What the hell are we doing? What happened? We found a secret passage in the armoire. What happened to the guard on the balcony. He spotted us, so we silenced him. He was about to let go and call out, so we– We knocked him out. We tried to knock him out. No, we knocked him out. Oh, she’s going– She didn’t mean to. We didn’t mean to kill him. We tried to make him quiet, but he died. His head partially – fell off.
– But it was an accident. First we’re good people. If you’re going to – kill me, can you wait
– until we leave, then kill me. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Caduceus. Yes? What is going on? We found–we found a magic closet. I don’t know anything beyond that. Test magic. You detect the range on that is 30. 30 feet. You sense a faint bit ever magic towards the back of this closet. What kind? This would be necromantic. Oh. That’s bad armoire. [laughing] 23. You sense the magic. It’s a good armoire. Do you think that the trap is still there? I don’t know. You sense five different traps roughly 80 feet in the direction we’re going. Into the armoire? Yes. Where did you leave Fjord. He’s a ways away. Is there anything that has substances. You can look through the room. There is obviously better stuff this way. I have only ten minutes. As we go in, they keep saying they’re bad people. Slavery is very bad. Then I keep walking. Okay. If she tries to kill me, will you protect me? I’ll really talk you up. Okay. You’ll talk me up? Thank you. I haven’t seen the kind of trap that is in this room. I would like to investigate the room to figure out who lives here that they had that. You have to open the lock. 16. You start looking. There. There is a lock on the back door. One more time. This is a larger keyhole, and as such there is a weird spin mechanism. You’re afraid that may have been attached to – that earlier trap, and
– what would have triggered it. You get it to turn slightly enough where the trap scrapes open and it opens up to a hallway. – It’s a bit uncomfortable
– for a taller person to get through. This is designed out, for a smaller individual. Can we hear anything down the hallway? Let’s go a perception check. I want to send my gerbil hamster, Henry the hamster down the hall first. – But not too far.
– Just a little bit of a recon. 50 feet or so. Did you see anything? No. Did you see anything? No. In case we need you again? Okay. What’s the Marching order? I’ll be in the middle. Followed by Jester. Caleb, rainy. Look at rainy’s miniature. Yeah. I’m going to message Fjord. We’re going deeper in out-of out-of-communication-ran ge. But if you notice that the guards see their fallen compatriot on the balcony floor, distract them. He’s so stoic. He is. Does he have darkvision? There is no light in here, in this chamber – either.
– So you’re going in the dark. I’ll give myself darkvision. Okay. Into the hall. 20, 40, 60 or so feet. You take–you watch the hallway open into a chamber. As you can make a step, – suddenly the chamber
– lights up. A globe in the center in the ceiling affixed to it, it warms, and this light fills the chamber. You stand next to a precipice shape with five sides. As you look in this Pentagon-like chamber, it’s 30 feet end to end. You can see in the end of the walls there is a metallic case made of dark, gun-metal iron with a glass cage on top of it, set like a display. And there is one in each wall. Five total? Five. And there are traps. And there are traps. Is it like a mineral – room in the museum?
– It’s the best room in the museum. There is no trap in the middle? Do you still sense the ring? Yes. There is a box adjacent to where you enter in – the left that you sense
– the ring. That’s clutch, by the way. Yes, it’s cool. – Let’s go over to it.
– Okay, you walk up, and you can see all the cases identical in different sizes. There one is a little thinner. As you look across it, the light from the orb allows you to see it. There is a faint silver velvet pillow, and on it you can see the ring resting on it, like a display case. You gather this is a collection of some kind. A hidden vault that contains a collection. The ring you recognize as having the same spiraling red metal around the entirety of its band. Faint filligree along the spiral. And you can see a polish polished oval stone of jet. – It very much matches the
– description you were given. This is the ring. What are you doing? Looking through pretty much empty storage. I Gingerly make my way into the room, this sixth dungeon, clearly. This one has what looks to be a leather-wrapped thick vial with a stopper cork on the top of it. It’s almost like a quick-silver type liquid inside which reflects the light to the display case to what looks like liquid silver. The next one you walk past is an old book, – maybe that big end to
– end. There is no title on it. It’s leather. It’s a brownish red color. There is another ring. This band looks like it’s made of silver with a little bit of a gold – line down the center,
– and there are runes across the top of the ridge and the bottom of the ridge as well. It’s beautiful and it’s just resting there in its own pillow, similar color velvet beneath it. Then the last one of the five you look to see what looks to be a wand. A carved rose wood. Along it you can see all sorts of runes that spiral and reverse, spiral again. The coloration of the wood seems to shift halfway up from the rose wood to a dull blue to purple and then back to the rose wood again. It’s beautiful. I’m going to cast magic in this room. You immediately sense multiple magical essence from each of these cases cases. And they could be traps. – You do get the sense
– that the types of magic you get from these. Would I know that? That’s part of the magic, you learn schools of it. And you also learn that traps are magical also. Magic traps. There is heavy enchantment from each of these cases. And then there is a very strong enchantment for the book. It has a strong transmutation over it. The wand has–it seems to shift in the moment. Like a kaleidoscope of different schools constantly rotating. The silver ring has an abjoration based to it, and the quick silver like oil in the container. Imagine the five-pointed star. They’re equal distanced from each other. In a room this big, roughly. A room this big. If bad people have these things, would that be bad? I think it wouldn’t be. I get the feeling that this is–I have an urge of setting a fire on the way out, honestly. Should–should–shoul d–should we make sure that bad people don’t have bad things? – I think we have to be
– careful to take care of ourselves first. Okay, but what if we need to save other people because what if this could hurt other people? – I think we should
– possibly–what was the word? Liberate some of this. Yeah? Okay. Okay. I’m going to check–I want to check the entrance to this room. Is there some sort of locking mechanism that if something gets triggered, . Do an investigation check. Why investigation? Because this is how you figure out these mechanisms. Oh, that’s good–one. I rolled a two minus one one. You’ve been around doors most of your life. Clearly I haven’t, though. I really haven’t. Entrance-ways. Egresses. There have been passages. There have been a few. – And you’re really
– unable to figure out if there is anything special about this one? Oh, man, I don’t know. You’re putting the black light on this room, did you see anything besides these cases? The stuff in them, the cases. The cases, what’s in them. Nothing on the ceiling? There would be a faint magical essence from the globe. Is there any type of script or coding or anything on the walls. Or writing. Writing aside from these museum cases? Make a check. 21. I’m supposed to be good at this, and I roll shitty every time, 11. No. Nothing is in the chamber is meant to distract from these objects. They’re the center of attention. You said its shaped like a pentagram or Pentagon. Is there anything on the floor? Drawn between the display cases or anything. No. Okay. Why don’t we just drag it open and take it it. We should do what we’re here for. That’s this ring. If that goes, okay. I have a couple of attempts at pulling away magic from some of these cases. The two big ones. Like the spell magic, – you mean?
– I’ll dispel the Manuel if I’m able to, and then in my cap I’ll give a little snip to each thing and let’s see if he survives it. Also, I have Henry. That’s even better. Let’s try to dispel some magic. Yes. Let’s do the ring first. What’s the worst that could happen. Do you want to test – it out on the book?
– No, we came here for the ring. All right. – What is the worst
– that can happen if this goes wrong? We’ll all die. The alarm goes off, giant monster comes busting out from another dimension. Okay, I’m going to cast resistence on Caleb just in case you need a saving throw, there is a d 4 in there for you. Next round. – No, one minute.
– Sorry, I was thinking. Yes. Everyone back out of the room. We have to do this at a distance. How far away can I get and still see? About 40 feet. I’ll stand 40 feet back. Before the tunnel begins to cut off visual range. I’ll waver my hand in the air and cast a magic spell on my target. Your intelligence mark. – 19.
– You release the spell. You see the faint shimmer once more. A slight distortion visually. – Not the bright.
– Did it work? Yes. Do you want to see if it is locked as well? Sure. I put the d 4 on you now. I’ll go over with my mage hand, and try to can a mage hand investigate? The mage hand can do things. I’ll go investigate to see if it is locked. 17. Definitely locked. It is a very intricate lock. I’ll back up 29 feet. Can anybody help her out here? Anybody else? I mean, it is a saving throw. You can do it. I’ll mage hand and pick the lock. 26. You. Each one you unlock, it pulls away. It’s a factual fractal of a lock. You can taste blood as you bite your lip. And then the lid opens. Mage hand. The mage hand to pick up the ring. Okay. Oh my gosh. We’ve got it. Question, should I take it and get out of here while you guys see if you want to finish the rest of this? That’s not bad. She’s the fucking coolest. I know she’s cool. All right, I think that’s a good idea. [laughing] Alrighty. So what’s the plan? We’ll wait for them to go up. We’ll stealth up out – of that shit.
– She has the ring. How are you stealthing away? How? Yes. On my dope skills. You’re not leaving. You’re going to the roof? Stay to the back. 24. All right. You both find yourself sitting on the roof quietly, successfully so. All right, Mighty Nein, rinse and repeat. Don’t use up all your spells because you’re going to have to invisible people off the roof. Add your intelligence modifier. 24. You’re rolling well tonight. Making up for last week’s traps. – This one is to the
– immediate left of the entry way. So you look over to it, concentrate. Not resisting the urge. Is it up to me? Yes. I have a plan b. I have a plan c. I’ll take another nip of liquor. It’s locked. You look at it. It looks like the same sort of arrangement as the other things there. I will pick the lock. I’ll grab it. You can smell the musty scent from it. I asked him to set his front paws on the book. That’s a good boy. We need to get out of here. So, I have the ability–how strong is your understand magic? Is it super-duper strong or levels 2 or 3 strong or level 5 strong. I can only do that one more time for one more of these. I’m getting pretty tapped. – I can still cast
– invisibility on one person at a time three times. I’m feeling like – we–I feel like two is a
– good number. Maybe don’t press our luck. – I feel like we have
– pressed our luck. We have. What are the three objects again? The quick silver type liquid. The silver and gold ring – with the runes and the
– beautiful wand. Multicolored. That’s really hard to pin down. I really like things that are rainbowed colored. I also really like rings. [whispering] What is that? I can try to do what you’re doing. I don’t know how high I have to cast it. Just do it. Cast it. Take a–really high. Really high? The spell casting notifier modify ier. Oh. You are trying to beat that, but you don’t know what level it is. Make the ability check. So I would roll. You would roll your 20 and then add your wisdom. I’m going to cast a spell magic on the wand. The modify ier 16. 16. You watch as the energy ripple, similar to Caleb’s but it has like a slight greenish tint to it, as it dissipates. It if the like it worked. Did it feel like it worked. It has a bit of a traveler flavor. Oh. It’s gone. All right, I’m feeling cocky. I’m going to take a little nip. I reach out and grip her wrist. Maybe we celebrate with a drink on the outside. This isn’t for fun. But all right. You’ve nipped it up really good. Wait. Does it work? No, but something clicks in the lock. We should get out of here. Go, go, go. Everyone is on their way out. Stealth checks. [SINGING] 39. Jester? 22. Oh, my God. You rush out of the hallway out of the armoire, into the next hallway. – Into the room with the
– hole on top. Nobody seems to notice – the moment.
– One by one, you help each other out of the roof. You watch as the rest of your friends arrive. Go, go, go. The magic is dispelled. We could just knock over the thing. Something happened on that trap. I think they know that we’re there. – But we’re not there.
– Good thing we were standing outside of the room. You killed a guard. – We have to go right
– now. We have to go. You hear a voice go–echoing from the Court yard. Hey, hey, we got to check inside. Are we on the roof yet. – I’m casting message,
– Fjord, Fjord, we’re made. Kill the guards, now, now. Too far away. Everybody. You pull them off to the alley way. There is one person. There are two guards? Then he may have heard that. I’m going to grab Caduceus because he’s the biggest and the hardest, and I’m going to dimension me and him 500 feet from the fuck fucking house. I will say go ahead, and roll–roll the intelligence check for me. You have one word. Do I still have that extra luck thing? No, that’s from last – night.
– 13. 13, you vaguely remember maybe glancing out of the corner of your eye at an alley way, you hope to concentrate on that, and you and Caduceus disappear inches from the wall. While we were doing that. They have entered the front door. Did Fjord respond to me? – Have you respond?
– Did I hear them? Can I see where the guards are? You can see them head together house. – Excuse me, excuse me,
– I’m the master of the house. They’re inside the – house.
– They’re not even listening. Something–they seem to be very much on a sudden alert. Make a perception check. Does anyone have a mending that we can put the hole back together in the room. The way the city is built, if I threw straight up would I fly out of the city, or do I have to go. You have to go all the way up to the top of the disk and then up the central hole where the entrance. – Is the street
– starting to become populated? Is it morning now? You’re getting pretty close. There are a couple of people about. Can you use invisibility? It’s just the three of you up there. – I can only do one at
– a time. One, two, three, four. You can do it. Yeah, but can you do– One at a time or I could do three people, but then I’m blowing a fourth level. Do it. Three people, but are you invisible still? No. If you make me invisible, I can carry us off the roof. I’m gone. I have Caduceus. It’s just you guys. Just these three, not myself. Why don’t you do yourself. The three invisible with Caleb, and you turn yourself invisible. What are you doing? Giant owl. You take a moment. – Feel around.
– Manage to grab the three of them. Thankfully they’re not the heaviest of the troupe. As a giant owl can I pass outa trace? I want to pass without a trace. You have the – concentration in your
– owl form. You do have the disadvantage in the stealth check because you’re carrying three people. And the check. Plus 18 to the roll. Plus 18 to the roll. Yes, as rainy takes off as the owl invisibly from the site of this break-in entry, I need you all to make stealth complex, please. This is plus 18. Whatever your– She cast it herself. You have the roll. Disadvantage on the roll but plus 18. 21. 25. 20. 22. You scoot off the roof. Your feet and knock the elements of the stone work on the edge and – tumble, but they fall
– silently into the grass below. Kind of like weird subterranean gardens that they build here in the more upper class elements here in the – circle.
– Quietly over the city looking behind you, you can see now the guards are in, the lights are turning on in the house. Who knows what else is going on right now, but it’s behind you. – I’m going to send a
– message to Fjord. Okay. Oh, yeah, he’s still there. They owe me money. I’ve come to collect. Fjord, everybody is out of the house. Get away from the house. Get back to–where we’re going. Everyone is gone. Just get away. You backtrack to leave the message, sure. I’ll come back tomorrow morning, later. [laughing] The purpose of expediency. You do manage to return to rainy’s home to gather safe and sound with the items you have recovered. So unless there is any other business, you can go ahead and return this ring to Ava. I would like to know what it is. So you’re testing the ring and the book. I would like to know what the cost is. He. We’ve stolen dangerous items from several people now. Rainy, you’re our good luck charm. You also have the ice flecks, and you can begin your journey towards the forge. When you’re ready for that, let me know. We would like to give you proper exit as well as hitting good narrative points. This ring is use ed to implant dreams in someone’s mind. Oh, that’s cool. Implant dreams in someone’s mind? That’s pretty cool. You’re choosing imagine if you could put – a dream in someone’s
– mind to follow the traveler. That would be fucking cool. How do we know that they – haven’t been using those
– kinds of things on people already. Probably have. In any case giving this back to Ava does not seem like such a bad thing. That’s the path we’re on. It’s not a world-breaking item. I’m comfortable. Ava is extremely happy, and congratulates you on this mission. She even has a bit bit of a prize to you. But a trade is a trade. The whole box. The entire box, friend. You feel good about this? We need it. We need that glass. Yeah, I do feel good about this. By the way, home where you belong. Are you going to – plant a bunch of dreams
– in people’s minds like crazy? There is a moment of Ava’s eyes just shooting daggers at you. I have plans. But here you are. She hands over the box, which contains a sizable amount of refined residuum glass. Can I get an idea if she’s actually a little ‘ol antiques collector? There is no such thing. Have you ever met one? These are creatures from beyond. 17, sorry 15, 15. 15, there is definitely more going on than at the surface, and strange training post runner, but you can’t ascertain more than that. Definitely a more tiered and involved person. She’s a demi gorgan. You’re not going to let anyone know where you got that, right? Of course not. Do you think I have a thriving business by providing the sources of my items. No. Well, good luck. I’m proud of you. Oh. She looks you. See if she owns a flower crown. I slide it across the table. You suddenly have bad folk. What. Entirely worth it. Definitely surprised. I look up, next. Anyway, our business is concluded unless you want something else. A pleasure doing business. Then goodbye. Then we’ll hook up with umagorn. So, you gather umagorn. You gather your materials. You begin your two-day trek to the sanctum with the ice flecks. Upon which your arrival with the information and experience that you’ve had, you manage to avoid marauding ice hunters and other dangerous in the vicinity until you come upon the familiar mountain where the dust family awaits you. It seems that ichabod the father of the family, meets you along with his son. The youngest is a young dwarf in his teens, quiet and shy, but Umagorn asks for help both from Khemdul, the keeper and maintainer of the forge as well as his assistant. The heat is immense, and turns to you, Oh, this is going to take a while. I have to go over my notes. I have help. I’ll have to work through the night. But I’m excited. I’m not going to get this done, so ping, ping. And you watch as the under forge begins to glow. – It seems that with the
– presence of this inspiration to create the fire and the Magna intensifies, burning brighter and hotter. Not only is it you think comfortable, but–uncomfortable, but it is an electric sensation. But you have an evening’s rest within the inner rest sanctum. Is there anything that you would like to do while you rest? I’m probably going to meditate and have a quick communion with what is the ritual that I’m to enact. So you can finish – your communion.
– You burn your incense, close your eyes. You sense the warm wash over you like a breeze on a summer day. You sense her presence. You sense her smile, and it begins you fill you. Wordless but understandable. What are your questions? Do you wish me to feed these three into the Magma? You have four large pieces? Four or five, I believe. I would say it’s four large pieces. She says no. May I give you all of it? Yes. Thank you for fake taking care. I move my coat just wearing the things I wore when I was working in the grove. Quietly I find a quiet space, and I take everything in the box as close as I can get to the heat before it really hurts. It hurts. Then I’ll take a – little damage.
– And you place them within? I do. As the shards of refine ed residuum touch the flames, you feel a fear well up inside you as the glass begins to melt. And most people would. Instead, you begin to watch it burn. Glass should not ignite, but flames do call across their surface, burning brighter, the Magma there, orange, yellow, white. You have to almost wince wince. And about 15 minutes of this intense heat causes you to step back and trust in the faith. The light lessens inside and the shapes begin to change. The crystal that was once dark and green is now purpleish in hue. It’s beautiful. Beautiful. Mysterious. Definitely changed. Do you remember the dream you had, the vision you had, a sense of peace and accomplishment washes over you. Can I grab it? You take a set of tongs that are not in – use.
– You see three of them are under forge in the process of taking the ice flecks and hammering it through, and pressing the pieces together, and refolding, and reengraving lost runes. And it’s beautiful. But they’re so entranced by it. There is a weird energy driving them on. This forge seems to inherently instill energize and provide the will to create great things. As you take the tongs, and release them one by one, they’re cool to the touch. There’s five of them now or one. There are four of them and one smaller item but they’re all transformed that way. Like a potato that was left in the pantry too long. I’ll gather them up and take them back to the others. Magic like old potato potatoes. Is it about midday at this point after our shenanigans. It’s close tonight. Are businesses still open? You’re in the forge. I skipped ahead. Not too much would have happened. Can I retroactively keep an eye on a paper store to get my supplies. They have supplies. You seem frustrated. Me? Yes, Fjord. You shouldn’t be. I want to be able to help and not hen der. To be clear you’re feeling less than. That’s foolish. I think you’re going to find your way again. Just give it some time. You know, this book that we got, it’s not really my thing, but you might find it interesting reading. I think the book is meant for you. The book is? I hand it over to him, and ahead off to start transcribing some spells. All right. That’s it for me. You got a bottle of whiskey. What haven’t we touched. If anyone wants to celebrate. I’m in. Jester. I’ll definitely sit – there.
– You’re not going to drink? Mm-hmm. – But you’re drinking
– with me, right? Okay, thank God. I don’t want to be alone. You’re not alone. Even though I’m not drinking, I’m still hear with you. Well, that’s a–it’s interesting. Any particular reason? Normally you’re the first one to say yes. Are you feeling fine? Fine, fine, fine. She’s okay. It’s fine. That’s great. Are you sure you want a drink? Okay, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. Will you take another drink? I got an interesting – idea.
– Do you still have that note that we took from – the house?
– I do. You want to play cross words and shit? I have an interesting idea. I was trying to think of a good gift to give you – for everything you’ve
– done for us. Yeah, you. I got it. You know what that note is? What is it? That’s a super villain. I hand you the booze and the note. It looks like they’re smuggling something. Let’s do an intelligence check. I 21. The initials IJ. Oh! Oh! I didn’t write it down. But that’s the one. Jagentoff. I know, I know. What is that? They’re so bad. They’re mean as a family of criminals. They’ve been roughing up the patrons, and I’ve been fighting them. We’ve heard of the jagentoffs. We have? Yes. I think they ran amok in Rosohna, no, I’ve got it written down. I know I do. In that 84 pages. Hang on, was it all the way back in Zadash? Give me a minute. Give me a minute. What do you know? They steal and they terrorize people in Utherdurn. They hail from somewhere South. I think if you wanted to find it, as a note taker. I know. That’s so hard. To find anything. In some place called north clover. It’s the cursed woods. Slavers. They are slavers. They are slavers. I knew they were slavers. They fucked with – Lorenzo and shit, right?
– Didn’t think work with him? They were the rifle family that hired Lorenzo and the hired fucks. – Yes.
– They were the Shepherds. They were the ones including the first orb in Uk’otoa that you found. We really should have taken all of their stuff. Hey, you have a super villain. They want me so dead. But I’m going to fight them. And you have proof now. I have proof now. And I can–I can track them. Thank you. Wait. Will you give me one more present? Yeah. will you come back to visit? Yeah, why else do you think that I spent 2,000 gold on that tell poretation circle. We like you. – We like you a lot.
– Yes, we do. You guys are the first family that I’ve had other than Landon. That doesn’t count because he’s busy all – the time, and I’m busy
– all the time. But I like you guys. We like you, too. Pinky promise. Pinky promise forever. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry, you guys. [sobbing] I have one last thing I would like to do with Caleb, also. You have to interrupt him. Do you have a moment? Yeah. I show him this small purple crystal. What does this look like to you? What do you see? The crystal very similar in hue. Can you make sense of what it might be? Do you want to run a counter check? Yes. 13. You’ve never encountered this. The one thing about it that you do notice is that transmutation Wizard is that transmutation that happened there doesn’t make sense. Which means this might be a little out of your depth. Sorry. No, that’s okay. That’s an answer. I think I know what it is, any way. What do you think? I think it’s the head of a hero. Small. Aren’t we all. I won’t bother you again. Good luck with that thing. I need you to recall that there are two parts to that vision. Yes, I do. If Caleb gave me that book, and it was a two-day travel back to the kiln, could I say that I’ve spent most of the trip reading it and trying to absorb its contents and spending time with it? – As part of an effort.
– I can see you begin to. It takes a while to get through. I’m also not great at – reading horseback.
– Yes, this would be goat back. Goat back. Up in the mountains. Could I also try to take Beau up on some of her morning exercises on the way? Sure. It does not go well in the beginning. I want to make you puke. You’ll probably puke. Yes, I puked. Sorry. And as I see Caduceus go off to perform his meditation, I’ve seen – him do that before.
– I don’t want to bother him. Can I go off into my own corner and try to trace like a circle in the toil. Like on the outside of the outer sanctum? Yes, make my own little space, a circle, and sit in the soil. Okay. And try to. The sun has set by this point. It is cold. – So you need to bring
– some furs to bundle up a bit. But you find the first point that you made with Caduceus. The last time you were – at the sanctum, you
– found a similar place, to clear out and attempt your own. Yes. Just silently try to talk to the Wildmother, if she’s listening. Okay, close your eyes, and you think. Thoughts, wishes, questions. It’s cold. You focus, and you get this strange sensation like your body is floating, like a senses, your fingers, eyes still closed. You feel these feelings envelope you like a warm bath. Your body on top of a heated ocean and gentle waves. Peace finds your minds with the familiar smells of salt and brine, the sound of seaGulls in the air around you. Broken suffer crashing on the shore somewhere. You open your eyes, and opposed to the mountainside, you’re looking up at a clear blue sky, not a cloud around. You try to focus, it’s just blue, impossibly wide blue. And you see something. Is it a cloud or–it’s a face. The faint tracings of a face, eyes, nose, and a mouth. On a scale that consumes the entire blue sky above you. It’s almost unsettling, but it’s soft, maternal. It’s like a trick of the eye, but there it is. You swear you see it smile. These feelings wash into your mind, your alert, emotions and images conveying ideas, as if to say, you have been lost, caught in a dark current and under tow. These leave your mind a torrent, fear, love, pursuit for self worth. You found my gaze through chance, through deed. Through company. These waters are your home. And always have been. These waters are me, and I am them. I am the lands that rise from them, I am the trees that bind them, I am the beasts that keep them. This seed of darkness, and you look down. You can feel this black rock, this coal that is child within your chest. This seed I cannot heal, but I can help you carry the burden. I can free you from the fiend that feeds if you would but protect all that is me. Will you walk my lands, swim my shores, and guide my children as one of my own? Yes, yes, I would. The smile widens. Then embrace me. It is our nature to adapt. Come, and you feel tendrils of kelp and sea weed rise from the water beneath you, and wrap, and tie, bind, and your heart begins to jump. It is still warm but cuts the light off as your face begins to be blanketed, you feel yourself being pulled beneath the waters. Do you struggle? No. Anyone else wish to do anything? I’m going to find Reani. Reani is drinking with Beauregard. They’re a little tipsy. But I’ve written a little note, and I drew Reani a picture, and my note says, life is all about balance. You can’t live in black and white. Everything is a beautiful color of gray. Trust yourself. You know what is good. Love Jester. I’m going to put that note inside my book of pastry recipes that I love, and I’m going to give to Reani because I know you love how to cook and bake. Thank you. You’re welcome. Then I know what I’m going to do. I’m bolstered by a bit of whiskey, and I’ll shuffle over to Beau, and I’ll kind of reminiscent looking at the floor. Just craft a little rose. And I’ll slide it over, and I’m not good at this, but you said you wanted to come back and visit. You spent a lot of money to come see me. What? You said you spent money so you could come back and see me. [sobbing] I’m not good at this, but I think you’re pretty. I grab the back of her neck and I kiss her. [laughing] Reani definitely responds. Very drunkenly, and is super happy. I just look over at Jester. I’m out. I’m the only one watching this right now. We’ll give you some privacy. Wait, what? We’ll take a walk. We’ll take a walk. I’ll turn invisible. [laughing] She gets so much action. You guys go ahead and take a walk. I grab Reani by the hip and pull her as we walk away. Like a drunken sorority girl. Anything else, guys? What else is there to say? Sure, a little minor thing. Exhausted. Transcribing and studying all day. Have a seat. Me? Yes, have a seat. I know you’re in here. I saw you. I’m right here. – You’re talking at me.
– I know you’re right there. You have not been drinking so much the last couple of days. – That’s not–we’ve
– been traveling. Yes? Yeah, I watch you sometimes. You’re drinking less. Just the last couple – of days.
– It’s not a thing, though. I just haven’t been in a fight. Maybe it’s okay if you’re drinking less. Maybe it’s okay if you are. But maybe it’s okay if you stop or drink less. I? Are we having this conversation right now? Listen, I– Your family is safe. You’re with people who care about you. You’re alive. Some fucker is not where we came from. You know, you work fine when you’ve not had a drink. I understand why you’re escaping into it. I understand. I don’t know. Jester has talked to me about this, Fjord has talked to me about this. I don’t want to burden you with my problems, for me, listen, I view myself as, whether you want it or not, I view myself as a bit of a protector to you, and in all honesty to the others, as we’ve gotten closer. For a long time, when we were traveling together, I sort of viewed myself as your shield. I protected you so you could go on your journey and find yourself and fulfill your quest. I feel like I’ve got to do that for everyone now because I don’t know deep down inside I feel like my quest might not be done until everyone else has figured out who they are and what they want in this world. I feel like I need to – protect you all to ask
– you when there is a dragon about to kill you and use my body as a shield or to pull Beauregard out of the mouth of a worm, or to catch you when someone falls with a feather fall spell. Here’s the thing, it’s really scary to do all those things. And to go out in the – front, and to look for
– traps, and to disarm things and to scout ahead and steal things from terrible lairs and scary, and I don’t–I know you all have my back. I know you all care for me. But no one has my front. So this flask that I drink from, it’s not for from. I’m not taking nips because I’m looking for fun. If I wanted fun, I would be in Nicodranas with my family. This flask is my shield. It allows me to do these things. To go forward. I’m fine giving it up, as long as you can find something to protect me as much as it does. How can you protect us if you are not protecting yourself? There is a bit of a tradeoff. I just worry I won’t be able–I won’t be brave without it. You don’t have to be brave alone. I’m not. Without you not. I’ve been traveling with you for a reason. These people are traveling for a reason. You’re not alone. What I ask you to do, even though I cannot see you, is to trust us. We will trust you even – more if you have that
– kind of faith in the group. Listen, I don’t have faith in much at all. I don’t have much faith in myself either, but I do have faith in this group. It’s a close circle, and I just don’t want one of the links in the chain to shatter. I’m a terrible person to judge anyone, and I’m not judging you. I just have seen what you can do, and I know it has nothing to do with the flask. Take that for what it’s worth. If you’re swirling booze tomorrow, I’ll still be your best friend and – still be with you.
– But I’ll probably be scrambling one less time a day, you know. He maybe it will take some time. I appreciate it. I really wish I could see you right now. Yeah, I don’t know. I don’t. I’ll think about what you said. I’ll think about what you’ve said. I’m sorry if I disappoint you again. Not the brave. Maybe we’re both messes but at least we’re messes together. While he can’t see me, I’m going to take a small sip of whiskey, and slowly wipe my mouth, and then say, I’ll try to make you proud of me. You already do. I think Caleb is going crazy. I just rolled a 28 perception, 27 perception roll. Could I have known that Caleb was talking to Nott. We’ll do a check. My voice is still able to be heard. They’re not in the chamber. – They’re just watching.
– They’re far enough away that they wouldn’t have heard. You you do have certain rooms. I assumed it was privatized. I assumed, too. Maybe you heard Caleb talking. And you heard nothing. I would try and listen as much as possible, but yeah, I – just rolled some things
– I was curious about my perception. You gather there is a conversation. I think Caleb is going crazy. Why? Because he’s just talking to himself. I think he’s talking to Nott. Oh, that makes so much more sense. Are you okay? Me? Yeah, you. Yeah, I’m fine. I’m always fine. Well, somebody is always fine. That’s a lie, Caduceus. You do a lot. Yeah. I don’t think you necessarily get as much – credit as you deserve
– and as often as you should. You deserve more pastries. Everybody deserves more pastries. Yeah, but you do. Thanks, Caduceus. Just figuring out the traveler. We’re going to work that. That’s going to be really cool, right? – You’ve got a good
– crew for it. Yes. We’re here for you. Thank you. Thank you. – For everything that
– you’ve done. I don’t even know how to – tell you what this has
– meant. He’s looking a little weird, though. Yes. It’s a nice coat, though. He’s looking so clean lately. Yeah. Hmm. Are we really out of cupcakes? Oh, no. Yes. – Eventually you find
– yourself in your own space. As walking back, a familiar voice comes back and says, he’s right, you know, you deserve all the cupcakes, Jester. Thank you. No, thank you. Never been more proud. Eventually sleep comes to you all. In various ways. [laughing] The morning comes. And as you all come into consciousness, a voice rings out among the sanctum. It is done. By the might of the owe Hanna, it is fucking – done!
– You come to consciousness abruptly, except for you. You all come out into the sanctum. You can see Khemdul is asleep in a share. And Dillon is asleep off to the corner, and there is a sleepless, kind of manic looking Umagorn holding a single blade. You see the thick, long sword, almost broad sword type of played length with runes down the center, and a slight blue shimmer to, akin of the coloration of the ice flecks. Where the break once was, the lines are still there. The lines continue to have a marbled look to it. He’s got eyes with huge bags. Oh, it’s done? She runs off and finds her tools and finds a place, and chisels in the described memory of this artifact recreation amongst the other names and stories of what has been built here in the sanctum since it’s inception. As you stumble out, there is no Fjord. Probably sleeping in. You look for a while, there is no sign of him. I’ll go out and check. You see a snow, soft powder and a bit of a dome where you guys will had your previous conversation. You brush off the snow, and there is like, like a hard textured dark coloration. Just frozen sea weed. What the shit! Interesting. What is that? Caduceus? This is unusual. Can I go up and look at it? Yes. It’s like someone had – layered sea weed after
– sea weed after sea weed, and it’s tangled in a frozen net. What is this doing out here. Let’s take one of the purple crystals, and push it into the frozen – sea weed.
– It’s not getting through. No. Should we–what is it? What is in here? Is Fjord in here! I mean– Is it vaguely Fjord-shaped? It’s like a dome. About six and a half, seven feet wide, and it’s like–a weird button shape. Is Wilford Brimley in there? Probably. Hello, are you in here? Can you hear us? – Pulling it aside,
– maybe if we bring the sword. You begin to pull, and parts break off, and the more you break off, the softer it gets the further in. And eventually it’s like an actual kelp-type texture. Eventually you pull through, and you find mush flesh find flesh. Is it naked? No, it’s not. Is it breathing? You pull it apart. It is warm. Fjord? Take his clothes off. Why should we take the clothes off. I mean, we probably should take the clothes off. All right, you take off Ford’s clothes. No, but you pull the rest of the sea weed off of his body. He’s breathing. And you slowly start coming into consciousness. You are weirdly sore. But sturdier. It’s hard to describe. You see Fjord sit up out of the mass of tendrils. Are you cold? Do you want to get inside? Are you okay? Yes. What are you doing? Why are you out here? What happened? Do you like bread? In general? Never mind. Your accent is back. It’s a force of habit, I’m sorry. You freaked me out for a second. What’s the last thing you remember? I’m–,I came outside to meditate, in the way that Caduceus showed me. He looks a little stockier. Is he “Spider-Man”? Is he captain America? Oh my gosh. What did you do? Did you Wolverine this? He’s not an overt, but he looks a little where once there was a scrawny Fjord, he’s not scrawny. Did you gain muscle that quickly from two work outs? Kelp. I’m pretty sore, actually, all over. I could punch him in the arm. It hurts. It hurts me or him. Him. – Oh, sorry.
– Fuck. I don’t know. Did I notice anything? – How much I hurt.
– A little more resistence than you used to. Can you read his shit. We have a gift for you inside. Come inside. Maybe. Have a nice cup of tea. Yes, sure. It’s fucking cold out here. Did you do this to yourself. I look around. You see the nest-like circular layer of sea weed around you. – Are you asking me if
– I built a nest? Yes. No. That seems to be the obvious answer. I had a dream. I did have a dream that I was back out amongst the ocean, and that there was sea weed. Is he back? I don’t know. There was a voice. It was a new voice. Similar to the one that I heard. It said that I would never be rid of the darkness that was left inside, but this new voice sounded warm, inviting, she sounded like she wanted to help. If I would help in her name. And I said yes, but that was– Do something. Do what? Think about something and do something. Make water. I’ll summon the falchion. Make water shoot from your hands. Swoosh. What are you trying to do? Make water shoot from your hands. Water does not shoot from your hands. No demon monkey? Try to disguise your face like you used to. Like what? Make yourself look like Nott. I’m a big Nott. You watch as his entire body shimmers in a larger bigger version of Nott. [screaming] Big Nott. [screaming] That’s good. You have your powers back. Okay, okay, okay. All right, All right, all right. I look out over the cliff side, and I will look at Nott and say, Eldridge blast. [laughing] Energy gathers opposed to the green sickly color variation, this has a fire. That’s interesting. Umagorn stumbles out, I thought everyone would – be more excited, I spent
– all night working on this. Let’s go inside. You’re wet, and it’s– I didn’t know if we needed to resuscitate you and grab your chest. I feel well looked after. Should we head inside? So it’s finished. Aye, it is, and he holds it up, and you can see that the blade is beautiful. Fjord, do you want to hold it? Caduceus, it is your sword. No, it’s definitely not. You need a sword. We were waiting for you. It almost looks like water. Would you mind? This is what we’re here for. Accidents, correct, Caduceus. Never, just delightful mistakes. I’m going to hand you this sword. Embrace your destiny. And that’s where we’ll end. It went a little long, – but I felt like it was
– worth it. We’ll take it from there in two weeks. Because we have a week off. [ Cheering ] Is that the end. It’s over forever. They spent time together. Speculation. It was so much fun. I’m sorry I’ve been emotional. The internet has watched all of us cry many times on the internet. This makes you even more part of the family, really. I’m going to cry so much today. I have a day of extra life for every tear. If you cry through everybody’s speeches you’ll live forever. We already knew that. Anyway, thank you so much for joining us. Thank you guys for joining us tonight. Don’t forget next Thursday is the Vox Machina wedding, check it out, and we’ll be back in two weeks. See you then. Don’t forget, we love you very much, and see you Thursday. Good night. ♪